Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

So 5 Cell Nicad Didn't Kill my 149DP?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default So 5 Cell Nicad Didn't Kill my 149DP?

Today after 3 flights in my plane, using dual unregulated 5 cell nicad/switch combination, I decided to re-charge the batteries.

Upon turn one, the receiver was dead. I measured the packs after recharge, and both were showing about 6.8V under 500mAH load. It just seemed as if the batteries smoked the receiver. I have done at least 30 flights with this receiver and batteries combination.

I have read that the Futaba receivers have their own voltage regulator, although I don't know what is the rated max voltage of them.
Thanks,
Edgar
Old 07-05-2006, 08:14 AM
jayjayneri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So 5 Cell Nicad Didn't Kill my 149DP?

Have used 5-cell packs on Futaba 149DP receivers and 4.8volt rated digital servo for years without any problems but have always run them regulated at 6 volts. If they were run unregulated and read 6.8 volts then it may have caused your problem. I suggest you use a regulator.