Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

PCM servos glitching

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 02:06 PM
bidrseed2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PCM servos glitching

I have a model with twin elevators with a servo on each.
Prior to the maiden today, i performed a range check with the aerial down. (JR 9x, pcm 649s reciever.) I got as far as twelve feet before the two servos (on seperated reciever channels) started moving independantly from each other. If i walked even further away, the servos would eventually go into failsafe,( set to hold last known position) and hold the elevators at different positions.
It was like the servos glitched, moved then went into failsafe.

This is not the way i thought PCM worked. I thought the reciever would only drive the servos if recieved a "good" signal. Why would it drive one, but not the other??

We moved away from the flightline, and i managed to walk at least 50yds before the same thing occured, just prior to goin into failsafe.

Ive now modified my programming to make the elevator servos go to neutral, not last position.

( For further info, i was using a whip aerial and a SM services opto isolator, which again, i thought would remove these problems)