Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Synth. rx required with synth. tx?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 05:38 PM
RVM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synth. rx required with synth. tx?

Do I need a synthesized rx with a synthesized tx? Can I just use a synthesized tx and set it to the channel the rx is tuned for?

Did some searching and didn't find anything clear on this.

I'd am ordering a JR 9303 and am not sure if I need to order a snyth rx or not. I really wish they'd release their new line of synth rx before early May so I didn't have to get the R2000 10ch rx.

Anyway, thanks!
Old 04-17-2006, 05:46 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Synth. rx required with synth. tx?

On Hitec, you tune the transmitter module to the same channel the receiver is on. I would bet it is the same for a JR. I am sure the receiver will need to be on the same shift (+) as JR.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:48 PM
RVM

That's what I thought. I'd just like to have all my planes on different channels, or maybe get synth rx down the road. Guess I'll go ahead and get it with a standard PCM rx and have the synth tx module.

What do you mean same shift (+)?

Thanks for the reply!

ORIGINAL: TLH101

On Hitec, you tune the transmitter module to the same channel the receiver is on. I would bet it is the same for a JR. I am sure the receiver will need to be on the same shift (+) as JR.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Just use JR equipment and not worry about it.
Just say that shift is the reason a JR TX can't control a Futaba PPM RX.
ORIGINAL: RVM

What do you mean same shift (+)?

Thanks for the reply!

ORIGINAL: TLH101

Old 04-17-2006, 06:34 PM
RVM

Yep, getting a 9303 with synth module and the PCM R770. I'll worry about a synth rx later down the road.

BTW, how the heck would I know what channel my rx is on so I can set the tx to the appropriate channel? When I was last in the hobby I think I remember there used to be a little sticker on the receiver with the channel #. Is that still the case?

ORIGINAL: Geistware

Just use JR equipment and not worry about it.
Just say that shift is the reason a JR TX can't control a Futaba PPM RX.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:48 PM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: RVM

BTW, how the heck would I know what channel my rx is on so I can set the tx to the appropriate channel? When I was last in the hobby I think I remember there used to be a little sticker on the receiver with the channel #. Is that still the case?
The crystal in the receiver will have the channel number on it. I wouldn't trust a sticker on the receiver case unless I personally bought the receiver new and knew for a fact that the sticker was correct.