Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

radio interference with engine running

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 05:43 AM
daren
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio interference with engine running

I have a 33% aw edge540t with a new 3w100. with engine off at 100 ft away and antenna collapsed. everything works great. ran the engine and the servos went nuts at 60ft away while at idle. so I moved the ignition switch further ahead and receiver 6 volt batteries with regulators back.now at idle I can get out to 100ft away without a problem. but at full throttle the servos go nuts again and lockup. can someone help me out with this problem? will the i4c isolator help with my interference
Old 12-16-2002, 03:31 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Look for metal to metal contact; check flying wires, landing gear etc. You do have a nonconducting pushrod to the throttle, right?; and no metal to metal near the engine. Are you using electronic ignition or magneto? If electronic, use a seperate battery for the ignition. Put the kill switch in front of the firewall as far from other wiring as possible. You are using a resistor plug (has an R in the part number); if not get one. The receiver is well isolated from vibration? These are some of the possibilities but by no means all of them.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:45 PM
daren
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes it is electronic ignition. fiber optic kill switch. dont know about the plug will have to check. I'm sure 3w sells them with resistor plugs anyhow.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:39 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Plug the battery pack directly into the receiver and see if that helps, if so you may have loose or dirty contacs on the switch. Took me several attempts to find a jitter problem , and all it turned out to be was a receiver switch that was worn out. New switch cured all problems. Sometimes we mis the simple things.