Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Interesting Old Radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:41 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting Old Radio

Some time back I acquired in trade an old Futaba radio. The manual says FP-8SGAP and the transmitter says FP-T8SGA-P. Don't know if those are supposed to be the same radio or not. However, I decided to try the radio in an airplane and I find that it works well with one problem. Left aileron only has about 15 degrees of travel on the servo. Right aileron seems to have full travel, but left aileron is a problem. I tried another servo and it does the same thing. I suppose the trouble could be in either the receiver or the transmitter. From reading the manual, the amount of throw on each servo seems to be adjustable somehow, but the manual is really confusing in that regard. Anyone with any ideas? I don't intend to spend a lot of time and effort on this old relic, but if it is just adjustment and it is fairly easy, I would use it. It does have a tachometer that seems to work well and a rather sophisticated timer that is kind of neat, but it weighs about 40 pounds. My guess is that it is very early computer technology, and very complicated to use.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:59 PM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interesting Old Radio

The manual is correct for the transmitter. See page 4 for 'package contents.'

It's likely something in the flaperon setup or the ATV (adjustable travel volume).
What little it has on flaperons is on page 34.
It is confusing.

Page 18 has instructions for 'reset' which is supposed to reset the ATV for all channels to 100%.

Then you need to interpret page 34 to set the switches to turn on flaperons. It looks to me like switch 16 goes in the center and 17 goes to the top. 15 I'd leave at "INH" until I got the servos moving correctly.

OR, just use a Y harness and run both ailerons on channel 1.