Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba Servo's work with a JR Transmitter??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 03:37 PM
HaPpilyObsessed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Servo's work with a JR Transmitter??

Ive been looking at a giant cub with 9 futaba servo's installed and included. Just curious if its possible to run these with my JR 8103 transmitter? If so what type of receiver would go in the middle then? I know i have a couple planes with hi tec servo's and receiver that i run off the JR. Help's appreciated!

Luke
Old 05-01-2006, 04:13 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba Servo's work with a JR Transmitter??

Transmitters don't run servos. Receivers run servos. Transmitters run receivers. As long as the TX-RX are compatible and then the RX-Servo is compatible, everything is fine. For the most part, servo inputs are standardized, with the only diff being plug wiring and plug keys. This means nearly every servo will work with nearly every RX with either no or very slight modification the plug ends. TX/RX are a totally different matter and there are diffs between them.

In your case, you can use your JR TX and you will need a RX that is compatible with your TX, such as a JR RX. The servos should plug into the RX with the only mod being you may need to remove the small plastic key on the Futaba servo leads. If these are standard "J" end futaba, and a current JR RX, the wiring is identical. Just use a hobby knife and carefully scrape off the key so it will plug into the JR RX.