Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba FP-7UAP PCM 1024

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 05:28 PM
Prock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba FP-7UAP PCM 1024

I'm new to RC and have a few quick questions....

Is it a good idea to buy a Futaba FP-7UAP PCM 1024 used? If so, how much are they worth along with the receiver, 4 servos, and tx/rx batteries? Can you still get parts/batteries for them? Am I better off buying a new one?
Old 01-28-2002, 05:52 PM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default It's a matter of economics

Price a comparable radio new and compare the two numbers.
The only variables are age, condition and history. Do you know anything at all about it's past?
Old 01-28-2002, 06:11 PM
Prock

Yeah I know a few things about it.... It has only been used in one plane and everything is functional. No cosmetic damage.

They guy asked me to make him an offer but I have no idea what it's worth. He will include the tx, rx, both batteries, 4 servos, and walwort charger.
Old 01-28-2002, 07:02 PM
rcav8or
My Feedback: (5)

Sent you an email...

I think they are great, especially if you know the history!!

I own two, as well as the 8UAP, and like it just about as well!
Old 01-28-2002, 08:06 PM
bob_nj

Default I sold my

7UAP Transmitter and a HiTech Rx only for $100 if that helps_Bob
Old 02-02-2002, 06:00 AM
Fighterpilot
My Feedback: (2)

Default 7UAP and HiTek receiver

What you sold will not work together on PCM. If you have a Futuba transmitter PCM 10/24, it will not work with a Hi Tek PCM receiver. You must have sold him a 7UAP transmitter (PCM) with a Hi Tek (FM) receiver. Even like that, $100.00 seems a little cheap. Do you have anymore?
Old 02-03-2002, 03:35 AM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 7UAP? or 7UAP Super?

Prock,
If it's truly a 7UAP, I would not recommend buying it.....especially since you're a beginner in RC. The original 7UAP transmitters only had one model memory, and lacked a few other useful programs....such as elevons for flying wings. But if it includes a R-129DP PCM 1024 receiver, those alone are worth about $100.

If it's a 7UAP Super, then you might consider it, but it's WAY more radio than you will need to begin flying RC planes.....especially if it comes with a R-129DP PCM 1024 receiver. The Super 7UAP transmitters had 4 model memories, and included an Elevon mix. They are easy to identify because the word "Super" is printed on the front.

If this is your first radio, you're going to discover that programming a 7UAP or 7UAP Super is going to be VERY intimidating! You will almost certainly end up purchasing a book written by Don Edberg that breaks the programming language down into simple English. Count on another $20 expense here.

Bottom line? We need more details about the radio you are wanting to buy. 7UAP? Or 7UAP Super? Buying a transmitter only? Or a complete radio? Brand and model of receiver? Brand and model of servos? Original batteries?

Give us more details so we can give you a better idea of what it's worth.
Old 02-03-2002, 10:40 AM
bob_nj

Default Do you have anymore?

Sorry, but no, and it was a UAPS with an FM receiver. That was nice series of radios from Futaba. Take care_Bob
Old 02-03-2002, 03:48 PM
rcav8or
My Feedback: (5)

Default Re: 7UAP? or 7UAP Super?

Originally posted by Dave McDonald
Prock,
If it's truly a 7UAP, I would not recommend buying it.....especially since you're a beginner in RC. The original 7UAP transmitters only had one model memory, and lacked a few other useful programs....such as elevons for flying wings. But if it includes a R-129DP PCM 1024 receiver, those alone are worth about $100.

If this is your first radio, you're going to discover that programming a 7UAP or 7UAP Super is going to be VERY intimidating!
Sorry, but I have to heartily disagree with the above - if you can get the 7ua non-super at a good price, it's a good investment, even as a first radio.

My first radio was an SR 4 channel, and I very quickly outgrew it. My second was a 9VAP, the top of the line at the time. Just because you have 7 channels, doesn't mean you need to use them, until you are ready for them, and all the programming, although the programming is NOT difficult, for anyone that has set up their email program.

On a trainer, the only programming you might use is the subtrim, ATV, and servo reversing...very easily programmed. And it will have features that will grow with you. True, it doesn't have elevons, but if that's the way you end up going, by then, you will probably be looking for a new radio anyway.

And true, it only has one model memory, but again, if it's reasonably priced, you can dedicate it to just one model, and have a very nice radio for it.

I would buy a 7UA non-super all day long, if it had a receiver with it, for $100 if I could.

But, as was pointed out, if you can find a super for that price, all the better!

My 10 year old daughter will be learning to fly this summer, with her .40 size trainer, and her very own 7UAP-Super.
Old 02-03-2002, 05:46 PM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Re: 7UAP? or 7UAP Super?

Originally posted by rcav8or

I would buy a 7UA non-super all day long, if it had a receiver with it, for $100 if I could.

If it came with the R-129DP PCM 1024 receiver, that would be like buying the receiver and getting the transmitter for free!

But unless you know more about Prock's 7UAP than he posted here, we still don't know enough to give him an answer.