Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Pin out on Hitec buddy cable

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Pin out on Hitec buddy cable

I am having problems using the Hitec trainer cord. I've tried it between a Prism and Eclipse, two different Futabas (as the buddy box) and one othe Eclipse. I suspect a bad wire in the trainer cord. When I ohmed it out I get (counting counter clockwise from the key) continuity between Master pin1 and Student pin1. continuity between master pin2 and student pin 3, continuity between master pin3 and student pin2, no conection between pins 4 and 5 on either plug to anything else. Continuity between the center pin on both connectors and to the shell of both connectors.
Can anyone confirm this or send me to a sight giving proper pin outs? Thanks
Old 05-22-2006, 02:20 AM
olivier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pin out on Hitec buddy cable

Hi,

To avoid any smoke coming out of one of the transmitters when using buddy box between Hitec to Hitec or Hitec to Futaba, only use one configuration of cable to be safe at all times : use configuration as mentioned in my website chapter 7, figure 7f-03. Then you will have to remove crystal from slave transmitter.
Also read what is said about Hitec in chapter 3 of my website and my (bad) experience with Hitec and buddy box. This does NOT mean that I doubt in the quality of Hitec.

P.S. With google.com and the search words buddy-box hitec you would have find something.

Olivier
Old 05-22-2006, 05:00 AM
geraldr920
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rodney, this site may help you.

http://www.mftech.de/buchsen_en.htm
Old 05-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rodney

I am having problems using the Hitec trainer cord. I've tried it between a Prism and Eclipse, two different Futabas (as the buddy box) and one othe Eclipse. I suspect a bad wire in the trainer cord. When I ohmed it out I get (counting counter clockwise from the key) continuity between Master pin1 and Student pin1. continuity between master pin2 and student pin 3, continuity between master pin3 and student pin2, no conection between pins 4 and 5 on either plug to anything else. Continuity between the center pin on both connectors and to the shell of both connectors.
Can anyone confirm this or send me to a sight giving proper pin outs? Thanks
What kind of trouble are you having? I've had no trouble with mine. I connect from a Prism to either another Prism, or a Futaba SkySport. I've also used it to connect my Tracker III to my SkySport. I don't remove the crystal from the SkySport. The student box switch remains in the Off position.

The HiTec cord has one end labeled Instructor, and one labeled Student. Won't work the other way. A Futaba cord will work either way.

Describe the difficulty. Maybe we can help.

Good luck,
Dave Olson