Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

More JR r700 glitching!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Mad Town

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More JR r700 glitching!

[size=2][/I just bought a JR r700 reciever and it's driving me nuts! So this is what it does:
I installed it in my new plane (40 size SuperSport with 4 BB HiTech servos).
In checking the receiver, everything looked good, but then I turned off the transmitter.
instantly all servos went nuts, glitching like crazy. I even switched cryatal and servos[JR] on the r700 .Same results . I know this is not a valid test of a receiver.
However,. I tried switching out the 700 to3 other receivers(2 creditcard [226] rx and an anceint [ 327x ].There was absolutely no glitching period!! Not even a single twitch! Put the R700 back in and crazy glitching. I have probably 6 JR FM receivers and not a single one does this other than the R700.

So I called JR Tech and they won't look at it because they say that's not the way they do their range tests.
If any of you fliers have noticed this problem, please respond.
Also, if any of you could take a minute, try this test. Simply turn on plane [Rx] and not the transmitter.

Update:THE ORIGINAL TESTS WERE DONE INDOORS so what I did was to
try this test out side.The problem got better. But still the fact of the matter is that in the harshest of enviroments The other JR receivers were much more stable.
If you try this test I urge you to try it indoors.

What do I do with a receiver I don't trust?
Thank you so much!
Old 06-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: More JR r700 glitching!

This is quite normal for the R700 receiver. As it is quite a sensitive receiver, the decoder stage for the servo's is triggering on the noise floor.

Old 06-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Young-RCPilot

So your saying it will only do this on the ground and not in the air. I also have a 700 reciever and I am having glitching when I move left rudder then my left elevator will jitter a little. What should I do to stop this?
Old 06-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Merlin1205
My Feedback: (2)

In checking the receiver, everything looked good, but then I turned off the transmitter.

Ummm what kind of test is this? Unless it's a PCM RX with failsafe setup this is what I
would expect to happen if I shut off the TX . This is why you turn on the TX first followed by the RX.
So that it has a valid signal to lock on too. Why dont you just do a normal range test ?
Im not sure what your trying to check with the above method.

Regards,

Tim Hudson
Old 06-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Agree with Merlin.

You don't accomplish a thing by turning off the TX. Of course the RX is going to gitter and wiggle. THERE'S NO SIGNAL FROM THE TX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's getting "phanton" signals from other junk in the airwaves and it's reacting to them.

This has got to be the most uneducated thing I've ever read about a receiver.

I'll give you some basic RX--TX rules to use when playing with RC airplanes. Obviously, no one ever told you these basic rules.

BASIC RX/TX RULES 101
(for the completely uneducated)

Turn the TX on first
Turn the plane on only after the TX is turned on
Do your range checks with the TX ON and the antenna down all the way
When your satisfied with the range check--go fly
When your done flying--turn the PLANE off first
Then turn off the TX

The TX always stays ON the longest. TX is first ON and last OFF.

Old 06-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Jimnie

Man,
What in the heck were you thinking! When I hear these kind of things I just wanta scream! Why don't you just turn the battery switch off and see if the glitching stops!
Jimnie