Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex Cockpit SX

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 07:14 AM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Cockpit SX

Hey Guys,

I was surfing around on the internet looking for good deals on computer radios becuase, lets just say, im getting sick of the simple 4 channel radios that come with RTF planes. I stumbled across the Multiplex SX radio that just came out in Europe and it is making quite an impact.

http://www.modelspot.com/mpx/cockpitsx.htm

I think its absolutely perfect, having digital trims, a FULLY synthesized TX standard, and a >6 hour battery life!? (drool). I did however stumble across some problems. I contacted multiplex about their plans about US distribution and they replied saying that there will be no such thing. In effect, the radio will only be available in 35 or 40 mhz systems. My questions are:

If i were to bring it to the US, will a 35 mhz system still work with my 72mhz recievers? Also, will i be in some sort of trouble using such a system here on US soil?

THanks alot guys,

Samolot
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65357.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	475673  
Old 06-11-2006, 07:37 AM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Multiplex Cockpit SX

No, it will not work with 72mhz and the other frequencies are not legal for use here
Old 06-11-2006, 07:41 AM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

ok then, nicely said. Do you think this radio is comparable to the Polks Hobby Tracker seeker III? Same price, more channels....
Old 06-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Glen Merritt

The cost for the Cockpit SX in America was deemed too high for the US market (over $300). The radio will not be imported by anyone into North America. Unfortunately it is not economically practical for any company to import, license (FCC fee's), warehouse, provide service and parts (fix them), customer service (programming help), let alone afford to do any marketing for it.

Sorry but I suggest you look at other available products for your new radio.

Glen at Hitec/Multiplex USA