Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

new tx not working with old rx

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new tx not working with old rx

i just purchased an airtronics MX-A to use on my Associated RC18MT.

i have an RC10TC3 that i have used with an Airtronics Blazer radio for years.

i want to set the MX-A model #2 up to work on the TC3. they are both 75mhz ch 73.

when i turn on the MX-A and TC3, the steering servo goes crazy (back and forth real fast) and the throttle is WAY off (high speed forward). it won't even allow me to reset my ESC (LRP Runner).

when i tried everything with the original TX (Blazer), all functions worked properly again. i also tried to reset the ESC, and it reset fine.

am i missing something? this is my first go at a new TX. i just assumed that running the same frequency and channel they would work together fine.....

thanks.

note: i just read the manuals for both radio systems and the blazer is AM/PPM modulation and the MX-A is AM only. could this be the problem?
Old 06-24-2006, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new tx not working with old rx

well, i guess nobody else new this either.......

i called airtronics and they told me the receiver sent out with the blazer sport has some glitch that it will only work with that radio.....
so they are sending me a replacement receiver as soon as they get my faulty one.....

FYI