Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics trainer boxes and cord

Old 12-27-2002, 11:54 PM
N55340
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics trainer boxes and cord

I've got a new flyer that has a Megatech Air Strike with an Airtronics VG400. We are Futaba dominate at our field. I've got a few RD600s laying around that came with planes I've bought in the past.

Does anyone know if the RD6000 can be used as a trainer box with the VG400. The trainer cord socket is the same as Futaba, is the cord the same or a different pinout.

Thanks
Old 12-28-2002, 01:59 AM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Trainer Cord

Airtronics sells a standard trainer system cable that's compatible with their entire line except Stylus/Infinity. It's not compatible with anybody else's.
Old 12-28-2002, 04:10 AM
CP140

Default Yes, They're Compatible

Yes, either the VG400 or the RD6000 can act as a buddy-box to the other... as long as servo reversing, travel etc match. Oh yes, the alarms(countdown, low battery etc) on the RD6000 will only work if it is the master TX.

You can also get a trainer cord from (I think) Expert Electronics that will work with those radios... runs about $12.00 Canadian at the LHS.
Old 12-28-2002, 04:12 PM
olivier

Default Airtronics trainer boxes and cord

Hi,

Have a look at my website for info on Sanwa/Airtronic buddy box pin-layout (chapter 3 and chapter 7 for the cord) The info for that came from someone who succesfully connected a VG400 to a RD6000 AND vice-versa for buddy-box purpose.

Succes,
Olivier