Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

CIRRUS 850 XLC TX QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 01:49 PM
GPutt33
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CIRRUS 850 XLC TX QUESTION

Hi Gang - I've done the searches, and can't quite come up with the answer in the results I've found, so I thought I'd post the question and see if anyone can answer it.

I received a Hobby Shack CIRRUS 850 XLC, still in the original styrofoam and cardboard box. It's complete with all of the original servo's, battery, wiring harness with switch and the Receiver.

My question is: How do I determine if this radio is wide or narrow band and legal 'as-is' to operate. It has a channel 52 set of crystals in the Rx/Tx. The one thing that looks odd and makes me suspicious that it might not be useable is that in the manual is references 'Available Frequencies'. Ch 12 is listed, but the 72.080 > 72.400 don't have any channel numbers next to them, and then starting with 72.550 it shows Ch 38, and it goes up from there thru Ch 52 in the 72 MHz range. Even has color coded flags with it, Ch 52 being green/red flags.

I would like to donate it to the club to use as a trainer radio. I tried charging it all up over night last night and the batteries actually took the charge and the servos all seem to work great. It'll be easy enough to change the Rx battery out, but I'll have to take the back off of the Tx to see what type and size is running it. The box even contained all of the original Freq. flags and antenna flags still in the plastic sacks as well as all of the original documentation.

So once again, can someone please try to enlighten me on whether it's within code or not, and I guess if you know it's not, what it might take to convert it if possible.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:06 PM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: CIRRUS 850 XLC TX QUESTION

This radio was made by Futaba and is very close to a Futaba FGK inside. If it is AM I am very sure the transmitter is wide (silver sticker) but the modification to it to make it narrow band is not too bad. The receiver...toss it. The only way to make it narrow is to replace it.

My guess is by the time you get everything up to date you are going to put near $100 in it. I saw a brand new Multiplex Evo 7 with IPD receiver for $200, a little more up to date system. I can tell you where I would rather put my money.

Pete
Old 06-26-2006, 07:39 PM
GPutt33
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: CIRRUS 850 XLC TX QUESTION

Pete - Thanks for the reply. I don't know if it'll make any difference, but I just noticed while taking a few pics of it that it's a model 900 rather then 850. I agree, if the cost is that much to convert over, it would be easier for the club to just go with another newer radio.

It's in such pristine shape, I almost hate to get rid of it, but I suppose I'll just stick in the add's and see if anyone wants to buy it I guess.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67587.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	483281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62368.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	483282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16357.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	483283   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78704.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	483284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey71323.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	483285  
Old 03-20-2023, 05:05 AM
CGXOW

Default For sale ?

Originally Posted by GPutt33
Pete - Thanks for the reply. I don't know if it'll make any difference, but I just noticed while taking a few pics of it that it's a model 900 rather then 850. I agree, if the cost is that much to convert over, it would be easier for the club to just go with another newer radio.

It's in such pristine shape, I almost hate to get rid of it, but I suppose I'll just stick in the add's and see if anyone wants to buy it I guess.
Hello.
Is this system for sale?
If so please let me know, i am interested.
Thanks in advance.
Paul.