Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba Radio ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 11:17 PM
ka0hyz
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Radio ???

Is it legal to use the FP-T6FG/K radios,,Works great and looks new..It has the plug in module on the back of it..Also how do u get to the batterys in the TX???Please E-mail me and let me know,,
Thank u..
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1953_2273.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	2034  
Old 01-30-2002, 11:29 PM
flatfour
My Feedback: (8)

Default Futaba Radio ???

The answer can be found here.......

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/service-faq.html#q41
Old 01-31-2002, 12:59 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Use that FAQ section......this might help too though...

as I'm not sure it's covered in there about batteries. The battery pack removes from the side. First you remove back, have a look and see which side it removes from(I'm not sure without opening mine), also unplugs at the back I think.
The battery will look different from the newer style, it looks like 9 cells, but there is a dummy cell there. Some aftermarket batteries for this don't use the dummy. Don't worry about it, just make sure you get the correct pack for replacement.
If it's an AM system and not "Gold-stickered", RadioSouth in Florida(I think) does work on these. Most of these were AM, although there were several FM systems as well in this model radio. As it states in the Futaba FAQ section, FM falls under the "narrow-band" qualifications already, so nothing there needs to be done if FM.
There are good radios with some of the best sticks ever, very smooth, and have that touch that only the best these days seems to have. I still have 3 of them, and don't plan on getting rid of them. They are just too good to have in the fun planes. I keep the newer radios with the newer planes.
Old 02-24-2002, 07:05 PM
Balsa Duster

Default Futaba Radio ???

Since it is a module based radio you can buy a fm module and use
it. I have a couple FG radios the modules if you can find them are FP-TF-FM ones. my radios where am. just change the module to an fm one. It is perfectly legal.