Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Eclipse 7

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 08:44 PM
limbodancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Eclipse 7

I have just biught a WM Super Stunt 60 with flaps. 4 servos in the wing. Any body can tell me how to programme the flaps using the Hitec Eclipse 7 ? Do I use a "Y" harnesses for the two aileron servos and plug into Channel 1 and another "Y" harness for the two flap servos and plug into Channel 6 ? I want to use " Crow " but ACRO mode doesn't permit that except in GLIDER mode but no throttle.

Old 07-02-2006, 09:52 AM
saitofreak

Default RE: Hitec Eclipse 7

My opinion here is that you're best off using the Y- harness's for ACRO mode. Naturally you need to ensure that dual aileron (ch1 and 6) are off and flaperon mixing is off. The manual can guide you through that.

If you want to experiment, then try 2 of the programmable mixes (eg. mix ch1(aileron) into ch7; mix ch6(flap) into ch5) and use the LAND function (flt-mode switch) to activate the flaps. But you will need at least a 7 channel receiver. The problem is VR1 and VR2 and the GEAR switch are still active for those channels in spite of the mixing.
The same problem arises for dual channel elevator, where the extra channel (usually ch5 in this case) can be inadvertantly switched during flight if you hit the GEAR switch - not really recommended.

Thats the biggest problem with the Eclipse7 - the fact that one cannot disable the external switches and VR's when mixing on those channels.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:28 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Why are you using Y cables? Why not set the ailerons on their own channels? In fact, with that radio, you can put the flaps on their own channels too. I believe you can do this even in Acro mode. I know you can do it in glider mode.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:58 PM
saitofreak

Also take a look at this hitec link - it answers some basic queries on eclipse7 multi-servo setup. You can extrapolate from that what you need for your application, but try some mixing anyway. Never hurt's to play.

http://www.hitecrcd.com/Support/Faqs/faq_Eclipse.htm
Old 07-04-2006, 07:43 PM
limbodancer

Thanks! I will try to work around it.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:12 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: limbodancer

Thanks! I will try to work around it.

???

You have a very capable radio there. Why not take advantage of its features? No Y cables!