Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Tower Hobbies Receiver Repair

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 10:53 AM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tower Hobbies Receiver Repair

I have a Tower Hobbies 72 MHz dual conversion receiver. It was involved in a crash and I want to have it checked out. I did a ground range check and am getting glitching at closer distances than with my other receivers.

I can buy a new receiver with crystal for $50. I'm wondering if it economical to send the crashed receiver in for check out and repair. With shipping costs this could easily add up to over $50 I would think.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has sent their Tower Hobbies receiver in for repair. Is there a standard repair fee?

I believe the receiver is made for Tower by Futaba, but I asked on the Futaba forum they said to send it to Tower.

Thanks.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:11 AM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tower Hobbies Receiver Repair

In my opinion you only got a partial answer in the Futaba forum.

When you send a Futaba radio in for service you do not send it “to Futaba” you send it to Hobby Services.

Hobby Services is the division operated by the Hobbico conglomerate to service all of the brands they sell. Flat rate to ‘check out’ a receiver is $15 plus $7.99 return shipping.

Here is a copy/paste from a Tower radio owner’s manual.

Tower Hobbies warrants this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the
date of purchase. During that period, Tower Hobbies will, at its option, repair or replace without service charge any product
deemed defective due to those causes. You will be required to provide proof of purchase (invoice or receipt). This warranty does
not cover damage caused by abuse, misuse, alteration or accident. If there is damage stemming from these causes within the
stated warranty period, Tower Hobbies will, at its option, repair or replace it for a service charge not greater than 50% of its then
currant retail list price. Be sure to include your daytime telephone number in case we need to contact you about your repair. This
warranty gives you specific rights.You may have other rights, which vary from state to state.
For service on your Tower Hobbies product, warranty or non-warranty, send it post paid and insured to:
HOBBY SERVICES
1610 Interstate Drive
Champaign, IL 61821

Old 07-06-2006, 11:52 AM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tower Hobbies Receiver Repair

Thanks Carrell. I contacted Tower Hobbies; they told me to call Hobby Services. Hobby Services then directed me to send it to the "Futaba" Service Center. ...LOL.....