RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Did I kill my Retract servos?

Old 07-10-2006, 11:04 AM
thevirginian

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Did I kill my Retract servos?

Here is my question:
Yesterday, after a nice flight I landed my Jug and parked it in the pit area. I turned off the TX , but forgot the RX. Then I switched the TX to my other plane and got ready to fly it. Somebody yelled, that he saw the control surfaces of the P-47 move when I did a check the control surfaces of my other plane. That's when I realized, I didn't have my P-47 turn off. I checked the battery of the Jug and it still showed ample voltage. But my retracts didn't work anymore. Dead . I did a thorough check at home and sure enough it seemed that both servos are gone south[>:]. Could it be that when I switched to the other model it activated the gears but since it was sitting on the ground the retracts could not move and eventually fried the servos? I seems plausible to me. What do you think? Any idea?
Old 07-10-2006, 03:54 PM
al3208

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Did I kill my Retract servos?

That's funny because that's exactly what happened to me Satuday (same plane) .

I left my plane on for about 1/2 hour, came back , voltage check (good), DEAD SERVOS (JR 791).

This is the third 791 that have broke.

Any ideas?