Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Spektrum DX6 - Can the Gear & AUX1/Flap switches be converted to pots?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX6 - Can the Gear & AUX1/Flap switches be converted to pots?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 10:23 AM
JPDV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX6 - Can the Gear & AUX1/Flap switches be converted to pots?

Can anyone tell me if the Gear & AUX1/Flap switches can be converted to potentiometers on the Spektrum DX6 with relative ease?

I want to be able to easily adjust these channels during flight, without having to use the programmable travel adjustment of the switched channels.

The radio’s hardware is the same as a JR XF662 (and pretty simular to the current XF631), apart from the FM transmitter (or rather DSS transceiver in this case). If anyone has had previously experience modifying their JR radio’s auxilary switch to potentiometer, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Another option for me would be to go down the “Spektrumizing another radio” path that many are doing, but it would be a shame to toss away the brand new JR XF631 hardware.

Cheers,
Josh [8D]
Old 07-12-2006, 10:35 PM
mr.rc-cam

Default RE: Spektrum DX6 - Can the Gear & AUX1/Flap switches be converted to pots?

On the 662, Ch-5 and Ch-6 connect to Digital I/O pins on the MCU. These are not Analog I/O ports. So, it is unlikely you will be successful.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:49 PM
TraumaRN

Default RE: Spektrum DX6 - Can the Gear & AUX1/Flap switches be converted to pots?

ORIGINAL: Aussie Mechatronics Guy

Can anyone tell me if the Gear & AUX1/Flap switches can be converted to potentiometers on the Spektrum DX6 with relative ease?

I want to be able to easily adjust these channels during flight, without having to use the programmable travel adjustment of the switched channels.
This would be awesome.