RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help with a Dual Reciever Set Up

Old 07-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Greg Agar

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Help with a Dual Reciever Set Up

I am building a 1/3 scale midwest Extra with a dual receiver setup. I have two brand new Futaba FP 168 recievers in it along with 2 6 volt batteries and a 9c super transmitter. I am using Hitec 645 mg Hi Tourqe servos. When I turn it on and move the surfaces it is fine, but when I walk across the court it chatters every once in a while. I believe that this chatter will cause major issues. Any suggestions will help. Thank in advance, Greg
Old 07-16-2006, 09:35 PM
tkilwein

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Help with a Dual Reciever Set Up

Try using a 4.8v battery and see if it goes away.

I have seen some setups jitter a little with fully charged 6v setups then stop after voltage drops some.
Not saying this is your problem, just something to check.

They say 100ft ground check is ok, with my gas/glow I get ~400 and ~40-60ft with electrics.

Tony
Old 07-16-2006, 09:54 PM
John Redman
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Help with a Dual Reciever Set Up

I am guessing your antennas for your receivers are running down inside the fuselage. By doing this it will reduce range beyond belief. Try running the receiver antennas out to each wing tip just for grins. I am betting that will take care of your issues. Routinely you want he receivere antennas separated by at least 17 inches, at the tip.

A number of the top pilots in the world went away from dual receiver setups years ago due to the range issues associated with them.

You truly only ned one receiver. I can't remember the last time I had a receiver fail on me. And no this has nothing to do with the Team JR thing. Futaba is a rgeat brand and prime equipment. Have you talked to Futaba's repair guys and got their take on using two receiver's?