Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Optic 6 spectra and other alternative radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 12:22 PM
chucklucklt1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Optic 6 spectra and other alternative radio

I hade a crash due to the spectra glitching, are there any other transmitters that have the same features as the optic 6 without all that trouble with spectra module? I was thinking about the JR 9303 or XP 7202 Synthesized system?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:13 AM
alan0899

Default RE: Hitec Optic 6 spectra and other alternative radio

G'day Mate,
If you are going to 7 or 9 channels, have a look at the Spektrum DX7, very hard to beat.
Look here: http://www.spektrumrc.com/
Old 03-08-2007, 10:20 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you’ll forward your Optic 6 TX to Hitec USA Service, it will be repaired free of charge. A new rear case halve will be provided that eliminates the problem realized with the second generation Spectra TX modules and Optic 6 TX's loose fit or physical interference thereof.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:07 PM
chucklucklt1

The Spektrum looks like a good choice, just alittle leary about using my Optic agian, maybe i'll use it fly some inexpensive like parkflyers. I like Hitec servos but not sure about there transmitters now. Well I'll keep looking to see what's out there thanks for the link.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:11 PM
BMonee
Banned

I hear you, man. The Optic 6 has crashed 2 of my planes. This last one was because the radio went completely dead while the plane was still in the air.
This is a really poor quality product, as you have realized first hand. My suggestion would be to use a different radio. Even after I sent in my Optic 6 to the manufacturer for repairs, it still proved to be a very poor quality product. I have about 2 hours of flight time on this poor quality product, and it has been sent in for repairs twice.

If you like your planes to go completely unresponsive at 200 feet and dont mind sending your radio back to the manufacturer on average of every 60 minutes of flight time, i guess it would be a good radio. A radio like this doesn't suit my needs.

BMonee