Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba MSA 10 Matchbox

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 02:30 PM
dave Lucas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba MSA 10 Matchbox

Hello Chaps ,
I am about to install the radio into my new 3 mtr Extra 260 . I will be useing 3 Futaba 9152 (20Kg) servos per aileron . I want to use the Futaba MSA-10 matchbox (1 per wing ) to sync them up ! Will the MSA-10 take the current of these 3 servos ? and has any one had any problems with this type of hook up ?
Many Thqanks
Dave Lucas
Hereford , England
Old 07-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba MSA 10 Matchbox

The Futaba MSA-10 Servo Synchronizer will be able to power your servos. You can even connect an additional battery pack to it so that the servos are guaranteed to get the power they need. You can connect up to four servos to operate off of the single channel. The MSA-10 will allow you to set the centers and endpoints so that the servos will all work together without binding.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:43 PM
dave Lucas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Bill ,
Thank you for the quick reply . Is there any plans for Futaba to bring out a S148 size digital servo with the same torque as the 9152/9153 ?
Best Regards
Dave Lucas
Hereford , England
Old 07-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The closest you'll get is an S3305. To get more power, you'll just have to go with something in a larger case. That's because more power will require a larger motor and different gear train. To get much more power out of the smaller case, you'd have to over-drive a small motor, which would cause heat problems and be short-lived...if you could find a small motor that could give the needed power. Of course, you could gear one down to get more torque without overheating, but then the servo would be very slow. Not an ideal combination...that's why the small sail servo can have the power it does...it's slow.