Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 4VF 4-Channel FM

Old 12-31-2002, 08:58 PM
Garystan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 4VF 4-Channel FM

This is the radio I’m thinking of buying. I realize there are other brands however the club I’m joining has a Futaba training system. This is what I need to train my kid. So I think I need a Futaba to use their system. Then when I buy a second system for my plane I will be able to use both radios and train my kid on my two systems in case someone else is using the training system. Does this sound reasonable?
Also, this system comes in 72 or 75MHZ. What one should I purchase? Also, do I just let them know what channel I would like?
And when I have both systems will I be able to use either radio as a master and the other as a slave?
Old 12-31-2002, 10:47 PM
Steve Lewin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

72MHz is only for air i.e. planes and helis
75Mhz is only for surface i.e. cars and boats

Yes you can ask for a particular channel
Yes if you have 2 identical radios either can be master or slave.

Steve
Old 12-31-2002, 10:49 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the 72mhz version for aircraft use. Most mail-order shops (Tower etc) will let you select the frequency you want; I suggest going to your club and finding out which frequencies are often vacant and get one of those. When you get your second radio and deicide to upgrade to a six channel Futaba, you can still use the other radio in a 'buddy box' setup.