Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics Servos

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 12:12 AM
thunderchicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics Servos

Hi

Will Airtronics servos work with anything but Airtronics receivers?
Old 07-16-2006, 01:09 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Airtronics Servos

Yes (if) your servos are newer (within the last eight or nine years) with the Z plug (blue).

If they are older with the old style plug (black with three splines) Then no. Not without changing out the plugs and reversing the power leads. The old style have reversed power wiring polarity and are not compatable with the current Airtronics Z, Hitec S, JR or Futaba J plugs.

John
Old 07-16-2006, 07:09 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Airtronics Servos

Well, actually, you can't just switch the power wires and use the old style servos. The plugs won't fit in the HiTec/JR common extension or receiver. The three ribs on the bottom that won't allow it to plug into the extension or the receiver.

However, if you get an adapter/converter extension for the old style servo connector, you just plug it into the old style Airtronics end, and the other end is a JR/HiTec type with the correct wiring.

I made some of my own, and still have them. I think they're on old Airtronics chargers, so I can charge idle planes with the old Airtronics charger.

Good luck,
Dave Olson