RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec HS-77BB servos - advice needed

Old 02-01-2002, 09:13 PM
cmassa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hitec HS-77BB servos - advice needed

I'm rebuilding a Goldberg Ultimate Biplane which originally used a single standard servo driving all 4 ailerons (per plans - not the cause of the crash by the way) I'm now changing it to include one servo on each side in the lower wing to drive 2 ailerons each. The Ultimate wing is rather thin and depth of servos becomes an issue unless the servos are built into the wing and mounted horizontally. I would prefer them mounted vertically with the top of the servo coming out the bottom of the wing. This would make them much more accessible and easier to remove/adjust servo arms. The Hitec 77BB low profile servo would fit in this installation. As far as I can tell there is not a metal gear version. It appears to have decent torque (65 oz at 4.8V) and should drive the two ailerons fairly well (previously all 4 were on a standard airtronics servo using cranks and long pushrods) How do these hold up? I'm also considering them for the elevator with one on each side at the rear of the fuse. Any other recommendations?

Thanks
Old 02-04-2002, 05:53 PM
SMALLFLY-

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hitec HS-77BB servos - advice needed

they are a bit wider and longer than standard servos I have used them for just about everything and they have 1 metal output gear. the only one to ever fail was the rudder on my hard bet, running at 120% pinwheels etc took there toll, geartrain was fine the motor itself just failed

Search this Thread