Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What Battery do i need ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 01:25 AM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Default What Battery do i need ?

I have an BVM Ducted Fan Aircraft that i purchased, I use a 8ch JR PCM Radio/Servo Set up. I would like to know what Battery is going to give me the most flights, before it needs to be recharged assuming each flight is 10mins long, and everything from the brakes/gear/flaps/Mixture and main controls are used per flight.

Also can i use a 6.0v instead of a 4.8v Battery to give me a longer charge ?

Thanks

Robert
Old 02-03-2002, 05:21 PM
howardm4
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Battery do i need ?

A 6.0v pack will give you LESS time, not more (although it makes
the servos respond faster).
Old 02-04-2002, 07:37 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default A bit more info might help us help you....

howardm4 is correct about the 6volt system giving less total time. Reason for this is that in a higher voltage system, you have that much more power pushing out of the pack.
What you want to look at is the Mah rating on the pack.
What would help here is to let us know how many servos total your running in your ship, and what they run, IE: gear,(nose wheel steering), flaps, mixture, spoiler, etc....some of the knowlegable dudes here would probably know in a flash.
By knowing what your running will give approximate load on system, that load determines your drain on your pack, hence-time to recharge. IE 500Mah pack @ 250Mah load= 2hrs. If you have some sort of cycler that is what will tell you true capacity of your packs too.
Simply put, I'm sure you could safely go to 1400Mah packs as these size packs seem to be common around my area, and I have several planes equipped with multi-servos and don't have any probs.
Let us know though...