Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Fusion 9 receiver...

Old 08-24-2006, 07:01 PM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hitec Fusion 9 receiver...

I recently bought a new fusion 9 receiver. It's installed in a World Models GS Zero. Engine is a Zenoah G-38. The receiver glitches at full throttle. I've checked, and had the plane checked, for any possible radio interference issues. We did find a loose muffler on the engine and fixed that, and the glitching problem got better, but it's still there. The problem only occurs at full throttle with the antenna fully retracted, and more than 30 or so feet from the plane. Extend the antenna, problem goes away. The receiver has fail safe programmed, but it's not going into failsafe. It will enter failsafe with the transmitter turned off, but not when the engine is running. I haven't ruled out other possibilities, I.E switch failing or battery, but since the glitching stops when the antenna is extended, and only occurs at full throttle, I really tend to think it's radio interference.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

I know it's customary to install a PCM receiver in gas airplanes, but I want to figure this out first.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 08-25-2006, 12:58 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Hitec Fusion 9 receiver...

Sometimes when your transmitter antenna is down it can cause a slight mistune of the
transmitter and may be causeing the symptom you decribe. have you swaped receivers
to see if the fusion is definitely the only receiver with the symptom?

Also is one surface glitchin are all of them? i have my eye on the fusion 9 and would
like to see how this turns out. by the way who has the fusion in stock?
Old 08-25-2006, 05:43 AM
a65l

I usually range check all my airplanes before I fly them, and I do it the same way. The fusion is the only receiver that has had a problem. Of course, it's also the only synthesized receiver I own as well.

Before I fixed the muffler problem, the glitching was only evident on two channels, throttle and one flap. There was no twitching, they would drive to one side of their travel and stay there. No control over any other surfaces. Now, I notice actual twitching of all the surfaces, and you can hear the engine's rpm's varying. I switched to another receiver last night and will try it today.

I bought mine from my LHS and I don't think they have another one yet...

Andy
Old 08-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Baldeagle
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andy I had the same problem with my Futaba radio. I had a metal cable for the thro to the servo and had plastis connectors on each end so I wouldn't have metal to metal contact.but had problems juct like yours. I replaced the metal cable with plastic nyrod , the problem went away. Hope this helps. Rich
Old 08-25-2006, 11:22 AM
a65l

Thanks Rich throttle cable is straight nyrod all the way.

Andy