RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Good starter Tx for Heli

Old 08-06-2006, 11:07 AM
darkage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Good starter Tx for Heli

What would be a good choice for transmitter for a user that already has a very basic 2 ch one for his R/C glider but would like to have a decent one for a start in rc elec. heli's 400 size & for future r/c models, .50 size heli's like trex 600 maybe nitro plane later. I started out on my 2 ch Sanwa (aka airtronics). Been looking at the following -

Airtronics RD 8000 (8 ch, seems like a middle market model that would carry me some distance into the future)
Futaba 6EXA (Basic 6 ch cheap option)
JR MAX66 (Cheap 6 ch)
JR X2610 (Seems better quality than Airtronics but only 6 ch, not sure if I would get into 8 ch down the track)

Not sure how they feel as I dont really have a nearly hobby store that provides the different brands. These will be ordered from the net.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:45 PM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Good starter Tx for Heli

sounds like you plan on being in the hobby for a long time... buy the BEST radio you can afford! you won't regret having to many features but you surly will regret buying a new TX because your current TX won't do what you need buy once or buy twice... it's up to you. I like Futaba so If I was in the market a 7CHP would be as cheap as I would go... 9CHPS would be more like it. I currently fly 2 9CAP's... I removed the ratchet on both so I could move into heli's and control the throttle better doing 3D stuff with planes... throttle ratchets SUCK! just buy a heli version of what ever you decide. RD8000 is nice but hard to program IMHO, the JR's stuff except the 9303/10 series is also hard to program IMHO.

John