RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba FP-T8SSA-P antenna wire loose

Old 08-11-2006, 06:42 AM
wireman
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba FP-T8SSA-P antenna wire loose

A good friend noticed, when replacing the battery, that a couple of wires seemed to be hanging loose in the case.

Last night I removed the end of the case that has the transmit module and found the antenna wire and shield was what he has seen. I can see the stubb of twisted wires that the shield came from on the circuit board that the plugs for the module are on. Since the 2 wires are very close together I think that the antenna also connects to the module plug board but it is not clearly evident.

I am hoping someone can give me an indication of the attachment point as the antenna seems to be an important part of the system here!

Thanks for any help wd9csa@earthlink.net
Old 08-12-2006, 09:11 AM
H_L

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba FP-T8SSA-P antenna wire loose

Can you post a photo of the front and back of the circuit board because I don’t know that model, btw I fix these things for a job
Old 08-13-2006, 02:33 PM
wireman
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba FP-T8SSA-P antenna wire loose

Thanks for looking HL. I have a picture of the circuit board from the back side. The front has the pins that plug into the frequency module. Do you know if Futaba has a proticole that they use for the modules? It is my guess that the first pin is the antenna and the second pin is the shield. It has a small cap across the lands. The second pin in the picture has a small amount of twisted wire sticking up that is full of solder and , I think, the point of joining of the shield. The core wire of the antenna did not leave a significant mark on the solder pad for me to tell if it is the contact point for sure!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12245.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	506477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vr53449.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	506478