Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba R136F Receiver range

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 10:29 AM
cowana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba R136F Receiver range

Does anyone know the range of a Futaba R136F Receiver when used with a futaba 6EXA tansmitter?

Many thanks,

Andrew

Also, I am currently using cheap crystals in my TX and RX. should I really be using proper futaba ones?
Old 04-10-2007, 10:47 AM
cowana

Default RE: Futaba R136F Receiver range

Also, does anyone know the range of the Hitec HFS-05MS? Would that work with a Futaba radio?

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 04-10-2007, 11:07 AM
pilotpete2

Andrew,
The 05S is claimed to be full range and I have seen feedback on the forums that seems to indicated that it is a very solid receiver.
The 05S is an "auto shift" design and will work with any PPM?FM transmitter[8D]
You are always better off using the manufactures crystals, on this side of the pond we can't swap Tx crystals under threat of the FCC tossing you in the pokey or fineing you big time.
Cheers,
Pete
Old 04-10-2007, 11:15 AM
cowana

Pete - what does full range mean? I have seen a number of recievers say full range. How far is it?

By the way, by range, I mean how far away it can pick up a signal, not what frequencies it ca use or anything...

Andrew
Old 04-10-2007, 02:54 PM
pilotpete2

As a rule it would imply that the receiver will operate safely at a distance further than you can see an average model, making it a reasonable choice for medium sized planes. Limited range receivers such as those meant for micro indoor flying can have very little range, like less than 150M.
Pete
Old 04-10-2007, 07:45 PM
masonman

It will go far enough you can't tell what the airplane is doing..shouldn't want it to do much more than that
Old 04-11-2007, 03:08 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cowana Does anyone know the range of a Futaba R136F Receiver when used with a futaba 6EXA tansmitter? Many thanks, Andrew Also, I am currently using cheap crystals in my TX and RX. should I really be using proper futaba ones?
Use same brand crystals as unit the crystals are plugged into - very rare exceptions as shown GWS comparison chart. Range very dependant upon many factors as explained in posts below but be aware the receiver must also suit the model it is being used in. The HFS-05MS has out of sight range as detailed in the independant review but is very much lighter than the Futaba 136F = about 1/3 lighter board and components and is not suited to gas powered models above 1/2A and then well protected or expensive models where a dual conversion with stronger case should be preferred.
Refer to recent answers Question - New and confused
Discussion - Hitec X-tal in Futaba Tx? Discussion - Replacement for old Featherlite
With much more info on my web page under "Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ"
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 04-11-2007, 07:04 AM
cowana

ORIGINAL: A.T.

Use same brand crystals as unit the crystals are plugged into - very rare exceptions as shown GWS comparison chart.

Thanks Alan. Does tis mean that if I am using a futaba TX and a hitec RX, I should be using one futaba crystal, and one hitec one? That doesn't sound right.

but be aware the receiver must also suit the model it is being used in.
What does that mean? Do you mean a really cheap feather reciever shouldn't be used with a huge 1/4 scale plane and a 9 channnel dual conversion big reciever shouldn't be used in a small glider?

Andrew
Old 04-11-2007, 07:52 AM
pilotpete2

Hi Andrew,
The crystal has to match the device it is used in. A Futaba Tx should have a Futaba Tx crystal, the Hitec receiver must have a Hitec Rx crystal of the correct conversion (dual or single)
There is no issue in having different brand crystals in the Tx and Rx if you are mixing brands of Rx/Tx, and being on the East side of the pond, no shift to consider[8D]
Cheers,
Pete
Old 04-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Piet Le Roux

Having been in the RF field for a very long time and it’s a whole new concept for me to think about receiver “Range”. I feel that your range is more depended on your transmitter power output and then receiver sensitivity. Maybe park fliers have less range because they are soled with cheaper transmitters? These days the size of the device does not determine the sensitivity of the device although it is difficult to get good filtering with small or few components. It is possible that receivers made for park fliers is made to be less sensitive so that they are not easily effected by electric motors that generate a lot of RF noise. I whish that RC manufacturers would get a standard by which their receivers can be measured. Then we would know how sensitive the receiver is that we buying. As far as the crystals goes you should not compromise, get the real thing !
Old 04-12-2007, 09:16 AM
cowana

I will get a futaba TX Xtal for my TX, and a hitec RX Xtal for the hitec RX.