Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

aitronics to airtronics Z, failed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 01:22 PM
squirrel1620

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aitronics to airtronics Z, failed?

hi, i have 2 JR servos connected to a JR Y-harness for the ailerons and and older style airtronics receiver (92765/72).
i have the y-harness connected to the rx with a Airtronics - airtronics Z wire which switches the black and red wires to be compatible with JR/futaba/hi tech
but for some reason the ailerons still wont function. any ideas?
Old 08-15-2006, 02:58 PM
pilotpete2

Default RE: aitronics to airtronics Z, failed?

One possibility is that the adaptor harness is bad, also check to see that the plug from the Y harness to the airtronics adaptor is not plugged in backwards, yes universal style plugs will go in 180dg out surprisingly easily in many cases, their keying is not all that positive.
I too have all old style Airtroncs RX that I use them with a mix of new and old servos, all my new universal style servos, ESCs and switch harnesses have the pos and neg wires reversed and they are plugged directly into the Rx, been doing it for some years and I haven't smoked one YET (I sooo will regret saying that.) I mention this way of dealing with the issue while it has risks while hooking up a system, it does result in greater reliability by eliminating extra connectors. Good luck.
Pete
Old 08-15-2006, 05:05 PM
carrellh

There are lots of variables.
Receiver
Adapter
Y Harness
2 servos

Any or all of them could be the problem

I’d eliminate the receiver possibility first by plugging a servo, that works in this receiver, into the aileron channel.

RCKen posted a picture that shows the different wiring. It also has info about moving the wires in the connectors so you don’t need adapters.

If the receiver checks out, I’d eliminate the adapter from the list of possibilities. Move the wires in the “Y” harness connector to match the receiver and give it a try. You may or may not need to shave the plastic connector to get it plugged into the receiver.

If it doesn’t work, move the wires in the servo connectors and plug them directly into the receiver. If they both work, the problem is the “Y”
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18190.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	507853  
Old 08-15-2006, 10:18 PM
squirrel1620

thanks for the help guys but ive found my problem, it appears that when you connect a "Z" connector servo into a non Z RX, it fries the servo so i bought 2 new Futaba servos and hooked it up with the converter and problem solved! time for the maiden flight