Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Sullivan smoke pump glitching - help

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:54 AM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sullivan smoke pump glitching - help

HI, a buddy and I both bought the Sullivan Skywriter smoke pumps this spring. [link=http://www.sullivanproducts.com/FuelPumpsMainFrame.htm]Sullivan web site[/link].
Sullivan says the pumps are able to handle 6 to 12V.

He is using a 2 cell lipoly pack at 7.4 volts - he is using a JR 649pcm rx and is getting glitches when he turns on the smoke pump in flight.

I first used a 7 cell nicad AA pack (8.4) volts and got terrrible glitching on the ground - then the motor burned out - sent back to Sullivan for warranty work.
Tried again using a 4 cell nicad pack - worked ok, but it seemed the pump need more power to push the fluid out, flew with no glitches with a 4 cell nicad pack.

This weekend I tried the 7 cell pack - but got the glitches again. I am using JR pcm 910rx.

Any one have simliar experiences. thanks in advance.
-ken