Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Synthesized receiver vs standard

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 09:01 PM
cjtyped
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hitec Synthesized receiver vs standard

Hi All,

I need another receiver, and would like feedback...which one is better? I don't mind a standard receiver, but if the synthesized one is a better bang for the buck I would get that.
Thank You in Advance
Old 08-14-2006, 11:53 PM
XJet
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec Synthesized receiver vs standard

Only you can decide whether the synth is "better bang for the buck" because it depends on your own needs and wants.

If you fly from a busy field where there's a lot of contention for frequencies then the synth option is great (assuming you've got a Spectra module in your transmitter). However, unlike the Polk synth receiver, the Hitec one requires you to actually have access to the receiver in order to reset its frequency. Polk offer a nice little button that you can mount on the outside of the plane so changing frequencies becomes *real* easy.

The other feature of the Hitec receiver (Fusion 9) however, is that it has IPD which basically means that an onboard computer monitors the quality of the received signal and screens out any detected interference. While this isn't quite as good as PCM, it's a whole lot better than plain old FM/PPM if you fly in a very noisy or interference-prone environment.

A standard Hitec 7 or 8 channel receiver is about $45, the Polk Seeker 6 is $60, the Hitec Fusion 9 is $100. You decide which is the best value and buy accordingly.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:34 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a connector available for the Hitec receiver. It's a Multiplex part and works on the Hitec, so you don't necessarily have to have access to the receiver.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:56 PM
XJet
Banned

That's good to know, just a shame they don't include it as a standard part of the package like Polk do -- especially when you consider that the Fusion 9 costs the same as a PCM receiver -- it's not cheap.

I'm planning to get ahold of a Fusion 9 (when I can -- Servo City doesn't list them yet) and try it out. Hitec's FM/PPM receivers are very good but they're quite late getting into the "smart decoder" marketspace so it will be interesting to see how well their product stacks up against the likes of FMA, Berg and others.

The recently released Berg 7 looks like it could be a very nice little receiver (albeit not synthesized), I'm going to look at that too.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:49 AM
firebld

Just got my 9Z synt. from friend who upgraded to 12MZ. Can i used the synt receiver mention above???
Old 08-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Pilot232
My Feedback: (3)

Yes, The Hitec Fusion 9 is auto shift detect.

Travis