RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

mode 1 to mode 2 conversion

Old 08-25-2006, 04:26 AM
rhk

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default mode 1 to mode 2 conversion

Hi,
I recently bought a walkera 35 helicopter with a mode 1 tx. Any suggestions on how to convert it to mode 2 ?
Thanks.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:23 PM
AERORICH73

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: mode 1 to mode 2 conversion

Oh, I just went through this same problem with a Hitec Laser 4 transmitter. In my case, I just
contacted the manufacturer service center for information. They quoted me a $10.--fee plus
postage to make the change. The transmitter has returned ready for use. The name of your
transmitter is not known to me, but there should be some information on it to give you some idea who to contact. Trying to rewire the change yourself maybe not a good idea.

Rich S.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:35 PM
H_L

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

On some remotes you change a ratchet and a spring then program the tx and rx OR some can even swap the whole joystick over with the other side but I’m not sure on your remote.

I maybe able to find out on Friday
Old 08-28-2006, 05:12 AM
rhk

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for your inputs,
Managed to convert the set to mode 2 operation. Wasn't all that difficult. I removed the TX back plate and unscrewed the screws behind the gimbals. The spring mechanism cum lever was removed from the left stick and transplanted to the right ( which required a bit of maneuvering) and the same was done with the rachet plate. The corresponding potentiometers had 3 pins plugs and I thougt that I could get away by swapping them left to right and vise-versa. This did not work. The wiring had to be reversed in each plug. ie the black wire remains in the center, and the position of the red and white had to be changed. No solderig was required. ( the pins can be easily removed from the plugs by elevating the tiny plastic retaining mechanism and tugging on the wire). No changes had to be made at the receiver end
Swapping the gimbals does not work as being a mirror image of each other the trim lever slots and space for the pots do not match.

The TX is a non branded one which is supplied with the helicopter.