RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9cap programing this ever happen to you?

Old 08-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Daryl_y

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 9cap programing this ever happen to you?

Last night I was programing my new Futaba 9cap radio for a plane that I had previously flown with a 6exa. I programed the new TX with the same dual rates and servo reversing that I had with the old TX. My aileron position was way off about a 1/4 turn of the servo wheel. No mixes,sub trims were programed into the either radio and end point adjustment was not used. I inspected the servo and it working fine the only thing I can think of is that the 9cap does not think the servo center is in the same place as the old radio. The distance it was off was way to much to fix with sub trim or epa so I centered the servo arm and adjusted the clevis. This is a plane with a single aileron servo and is using standard s3004 servos with a rd127 receiver. I have looked through the 9cap manually and could not find any setting that would cause this. To make the story even stranger
a small electric airplane that I have also switched over to fly with 9cap that also has a single Hi tech hs-55 aileron servo did not do this.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:19 PM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 9cap programing this ever happen to you?

I have purchased built planes that were ready to go. (Just plug in a crystal and go fly)
Every time, the servos always require adjustment. So, I think it a pretty common problem.
I also fly with a 9CHP.
After having a servo rip the control horn out of an elevator (When setting up a model that was programmed with a different Tx.)
I now disconnect all servo arms before I turn on the receiver.
Doug
Old 08-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have seen this problem happen between a 6X's and 8U's
On the other hand, I put in the settins of a JR 8103 into my 9CAP and it was exactly correct.
Go figure!

ORIGINAL: Daryl_y

Last night I was programing my new Futaba 9cap radio for a plane that I had previously flown with a 6exa. I programed the new TX with the same dual rates and servo reversing that I had with the old TX. My aileron position was way off about a 1/4 turn of the servo wheel. No mixes,sub trims were programed into the either radio and end point adjustment was not used. I inspected the servo and it working fine the only thing I can think of is that the 9cap does not think the servo center is in the same place as the old radio. The distance it was off was way to much to fix with sub trim or epa so I centered the servo arm and adjusted the clevis. This is a plane with a single aileron servo and is using standard s3004 servos with a rd127 receiver. I have looked through the 9cap manually and could not find any setting that would cause this. To make the story even stranger
a small electric airplane that I have also switched over to fly with 9cap that also has a single Hi tech hs-55 aileron servo did not do this.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Daryl_y

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Problem solved, the root cause stupidity, The 9cap was working fine, the flaperon function was turned on for that model in my old radio (even though it only had a singe aileron servo). I have likley been flying it like that since its first flight last winter. I somehow managed not to accidentally move the flap knob which might have proved disastrous.