Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR XP9303 field charging

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 11:05 AM
hillric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XP9303 field charging

I am thinking about buying the JR XP9303 transmitter and have a question about charging it in the field. I have the Peak Electronics Sirius Charge Pro Series charger. Is this charger adequate to charge the XP9303 in the field or do I need to upgrade the charger to the Plus? The charge rate for the Pro Series is 250 to 1000 mAH for NiCd and 250 to 1200 mAH for NiMH batteries.

Thanks

Rick
Old 08-27-2006, 11:32 AM
fredscz
My Feedback: (47)

Default RE: JR XP9303 field charging

Hi Rick, I also have the JR9303 and a Sirius Pro charger. The Transmitter side of the charger is 1/2 the rating of the rx side. I could be wrong but the folks at Peak Electronics are very helpful and are quick to answer their phone or emails. I used mine to charge my tx several times before I purchased a 1650mah for my tx.
The orig paper work [Pro model] says 4-8 cells 250 to 1200mAh with the tx cord. After the upgrade [Pro plus] the new paper work reads 4-8 cells 500 to 2000 mAh with the tx cord. I was told that if the battery is of a higher capacity than the charger to wait till the charger goes to trickle mode , then unplug the battery and turn off the charger, then plug it back in and turn it on to finish topping off the charge.
Fred
Old 08-27-2006, 02:01 PM
hillric

Default RE: JR XP9303 field charging

Fred,
Thanks for the quick reply. That's an interesting technique to charge a higher capacity battery. I just sent Peak Electronics an e-mail. Hopefully they'll replay tomorrow.

Thanks again

Rick