RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What servos for 1/4 scale?

Old 02-03-2002, 06:56 PM
ricfly52

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default What servos for 1/4 scale?

I am currently building an Aeroworks Edge 540 25%. I am going to use JR electronics for control. This is my first quarter scale. With my engine set up and a good calculated guess at the electronics, it should come in at about 11 3/4 lbs.

I will have to use one servo per aileron, one per elevator half, and one for rudder. I hope to be able to learn 3D with this airplane.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the type of servos to use. I want to keep price down, but if needed I will upgrade to insure performance and longevity.
Old 02-05-2002, 02:33 AM
snsmith

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default What servos for 1/4 scale?

It really depends on how much you are willing to pay. I'm not into 3D myself, but with the throws necessary you will need good authority. I'm finishing up a Midwest G-202 with Hitec HS-77BB (~$24) on the ailerons and elevator halves and a HS-645MG (~$38) on the rudder. With a 6V battery pack, the HS-77BB will put out 77in-oz and the HS-645MG 133in-oz. Hitec give you the most bang for the buck, although some servos don't center as well as others (most notably the HS-605BB).

If you can afford more, Hitec makes digital versions of their HS-625MG and HG-645MG (HS-5625MG and HS-5645MG respectively). National Hobby sells them for $47...

Hope this helps!

Search this Thread