Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR XP783 problem

Old 08-28-2006, 12:32 PM
pywackit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XP783 problem

Hey Guys, I've got a JR XP783 radio that keeps giving me a "BKUP ERROR" displayed on the radio. I went to my manual and it says the Lithium battery is going bad and that the radio should be sent to the maker for replacement of the lithium battery. It also says if not done right that the radio could be damaged. Does anyone have another opinion on this and how much does one of these new batteries cost? I'm guessing these radios have two batteries....so far I found one battery for $34 dollars, is that good? Now that's the big one with easy excess, I'm sure if there's another it's way inside this thing. Since it says bkup error then I guess the bkup battery is going bad?
Old 08-29-2006, 03:12 AM
Dauntae

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: JR XP783 problem

It's kind of like the old computers, They have a battery inside so it keeps the time if you unplug it. Well the computer radios have the same thing to keep your model settings saved. It is inside I'm just glad they now make the batteries in the PC replacable now instead of soldered in. No idea how JR had there backup installed on the older models like you have but if you call http://www.horizonhobby.com/ (they are the importers of JR in the US) they will be able to help you and there service is pretty good too, I droped a JR radio awhile back and they did a fast job repairing it and changed the internal battery while it was there and did not even charge me for the battery replacement. Two radios later I still have JR.

Dauntae
Old 08-30-2006, 12:21 PM
pywackit

Thanks for the help! I'll check into it.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:44 PM
spitfireboy
My Feedback: (1)

I sent my J R in for the back up battery and it only took about a week and 1/2 and if they did charge me it wasn`t much because I don`t rember any GOOD SERVICE
Old 09-14-2006, 07:10 AM
the_madgenius

I am using a JR X378 radio, and yes they have a lithium battery that usually lasts about 5 years and when you see the backup error then you need to send it in for replacement as extensive damage could be caused by improper removal or replacement. One thing to remember is you will loose all settings you have in the computer radio, so all your models will need to be retrimed to go back into memory. So the final word is send it in to have the battery replaced , then you are good again for another 5 years of happy flying
Bill