Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9CAP Elevator Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 08:28 PM
gwulle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9CAP Elevator Problem

I have a new 9CAP that is acting up when I put the elevator in the down attitude only. When I hold it in the down position the elevators flutters and when I release it to let it go back to nuetral the elevator will stop and then start creeping a little. It does not creep every time. I have checked this with a total of three receivers. One PPM and the other two are PCM. I get the same result every time. By the way, I am using dual servos with a reverser. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Gaines
Old 08-31-2006, 08:44 PM
jedijingle
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 9CAP Elevator Problem

test again with out the reverser, and test with different servos. Im thinking a servo is bad. If you can replicate this with other equipment the send the radio and RX in for a check up.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:03 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: 9CAP Elevator Problem

As noted, dump the reverser.

There is no reason to use a reversing Y cable with that radio, go ahead and set it up with the default settings for dual elevator servos using two rx channels and you'll be much happier with the result...

Then if it still glitches, you'll know it's the servo since you'll be operating on two different rx channels. IF it's not glitching, then you'll know it was the Y. IF for some reason you can't spare the extra channel, you need to invest in a matchbox for that function as opposed to the reversing Y, they're just trouble waiting to happen.