Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FMA Co-pilot

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 03:17 AM
kojak41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMA Co-pilot

I have a New Z connector Airtronics RD600 system and a JR system. Will a FMA Co-pilot system work with either or both of these systems? Does the FMA system work with either the new Airtronics or JR servoes? I also have a ton of the old Airtronics servos, Does FMA have a receiver that will drive these servoes. Is anyone using FMA equipment? Are there quality and/or service issues?
Old 09-08-2006, 10:47 AM
scottsr

Default RE: FMA Co-pilot

FMA has a top of the line receiver that works with all servo's to my knowledge . I think it's a great system to use if your new at flying or just want it to use for when your trying new tricks and you use it to help you from crashing . That is it's real job . My friend a few weeks back used his 3 times in one day . So lets see a $300.00 FMA copilot saved him @ $4500.00 in new helicopters if they were complete loses . Not a bad return and he has been flying for 3 to4 years . So yes their gear works great . Happy Flying
Old 09-08-2006, 12:10 PM
rlmcnii
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kojak41,

I have never used the Co-Pilot feature, but I have several FMA FS8 receivers. They all work very well and the information that one may gain from the annunciator system is very helpful. Pay attention to what the annunciator is telling you. It does not seem to lie.

One of the receivers required post-incident (my fault) inspection. Their service seems to be very competent and not at all expensive.

I have used both Futaba and HiTec servos with my receivers with no trouble. They have been used with Futaba Tx's. No troubles.

PS: I had a little trouble with range-checking in my first gas-powered plane with an FS8. It turned out that the ignition module was leaking RF. Once that was tracked down the receiver range-checks perfectly.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:33 PM
scottsr

Why would you just use the receiver and not hook up the sensor to get the full use of the product ? Just a question I am just wondering ? As good as the system is and that you can hook it to a on off switch so you don't have to use it all the time that way you get the benefit of the receiver and the control of the copilot . It just seems a waist not to . But not my place to run your equipment and not trying to just asking .
Old 09-08-2006, 12:47 PM
rlmcnii

scottsr,

My original intention was to use the sensor as I was re-entering RC after a 25 year hiatus. Instead, I spent some time with a simulator and a few minutes on a buddy-box and never felt the need for the sensor. I won't go into a long narration about THE INCIDENT. However, having the sensor functioning at that time would not have helped...way too low!!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 12:50 PM
scottsr

Sorry about that . So you have never put it on at all ?
Old 09-08-2006, 02:36 PM
rlmcnii

NO. If I ever progress to the point of flying helicopters, I may reconsider! rlmcnii