Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Suggestiions for Beginner

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 01:49 AM
SpeedBird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestiions for Beginner

Hello everyone.
I recently got motivated to enter the RC flying hobby.
When I was 16, I started to obtain my Private Pilot's license and achieved it thanks to a good instructor. I remember trying to get into lined RC30 years ago with a Cox, only to find I was too immature to get into the hobby then. Boy you should have seen my knuckles.

Anyway, I have purchased a Tower hobbies 60 trainer, and a Big Stick 40. I also bought an Irvine 53 ABC and a OS 50 SX. I originally planned to put the OS in the Trainer, but now I am thinking of putting it in the Stik and putting the Irvine in the trainer. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Old 01-17-2003, 11:46 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default planes

It does not matter which one If you need help join a near by club and get help if you need to learn or you'll end up with two crashed planes trying to learn on your own
Old 01-18-2003, 01:27 AM
SpeedBird

Default Suggestiions for Beginner

Thanks Jetranger,
FYI I decided to put the ABC engine (Irvine) in the 60 trainer. From 90 percent built, it is now 99.9 percent built. Next step is to balance it. What a very nice experience putting the kit together!
As for instruction, I am planning to get it definitely. As I was putting the kit together, being proud of my accomplishment, I would definitely hate for it to go to waste.

As for the Tower trainer, nice kit. But I really cannot compare it to anything yet. I have just purchased a Stik, and I plan to put it together with the OS 50sx.

Thanks