Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

M8 Battery Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 08:33 AM
killer7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M8 Battery Help

I bought a rechargable AA battery pack from a local shop. It said it was for the JR but the guy said it should work. I removed my pack, put the battery in and plugged it in to charge. When I put it back in my radio, it didn't power up. So I checked the charge and it wasn't charged. Now the problem. I decided I would just put my AAs back in and it still didn't turn on! There is a little circuit board in the pack so I checked the voltage before it went into the board and it was fine. I checked the pins and it had nothing! I decided to try to figure out what was going on, so I disconnected the charge plug and that didn't help. I looked at the circuit board and it looks fine. I am just going to buy the full airtronics pack for it, but I would like to run this weekend. I heard that there is a mod that some people have done to put an extra battery in the pack so there must be a way I can take the circuit board out of the equation. The issue is that I don't know what the pins are supposed to be. It looks like it should be +,-,? (coming from the positive side). But I hardwired the + and - with wire and it didn't work (in fact it started to melt the case!).

Please help! I want to run this weekend!
-Keith
Old 09-03-2006, 09:37 AM
killer7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: M8 Battery Help

Well it looks like it is something in the radio. I can't see how it happened since the batteries didn't even have a charge, but I am getting voltage into the radio,so it has to be inside. Crap.

-Keith