Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba vs. JR for my 2nd Tx

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 08:14 AM
R C Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba vs. JR for my 2nd Tx

Can someone aid me making my decision? I have heard varying talk about Futaba vs. JR and I believe I have narrowed my choice down 1 from Futaba and 1 from JR. I am looking into buying higher end radios so I will not have to be constantly buying radios to upgrade. Choice 1 is a [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=JRP7612]JR[/link] and the other is a [link=http://www.servocity.com/html/9ch_super_systems.html]Futaba, will only get the Tx and the Synth Module[/link]. Thoughts anyone?
Old 09-01-2006, 09:57 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Futaba vs. JR for my 2nd Tx

Ford or Chevy?

Out of those two I would get the 9C but my advice is to go somewhere that has them, see how they feel in your hand, if the switches fell natural etc. If you can have someone walk you through some basic programming so see which is more intuitive to you.
They both will probably provide you years of useful service and anyone that says either brand is "better" is either brand loyal or hasn't flown both.

I looked at the 9c and the 9303 when it came time to replace and it came down to how the 9c felt and the fact I already had a drawer full of Futaba recievers.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:53 AM
R C Jack

Thanks, finally someone posted. Everyone at my field has Futaba so if I ever have any questions I guess I will never be in the dark. I was thinking of ordering the 9C from ServoCity, are they a reliable vendor? And also, should I order the heli system or the airplane one? Is there a significant difference between the two?
Old 09-01-2006, 01:18 PM
BarracudaHockey

If you are going to be flying helicopters at any point get the helicopter version, the throttle ratchet is smooth and the switches are placed for helicopter use. I fly several helis, 2 war birds, a funtana and a 2 meter glider on 1 9CHP

Servo city is ok, though I've had some issues with thier customer service over all they are reliable.

Ricks is good too http://www.ronlund.com call for a price before you get it from servo city, thier web site prices show more than they actually charge and they only charge actual shipping cost.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:12 PM
scottsr

I have to agree with the Ford and Chevy look at the question . I have a JR9303 heli model and love it . But if all the guys where you fly have the Futaba get that . It would be a lot better to ask them for help than to get a 9303 and try to figure it out alone . Now the 9303 is very easy to program but still you should still try to get the things your most likely to be able to get hands on help rather than trying to come on here to fix a problem . Same goes for what you fly if your a beginner try to get something close to what the guys are using so they can jump in and help you not to look at it like it's a alien space craft . Good Luck My Friend and Happy Flying
Old 09-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Clark L

Both brands are high quality and extremely reliable, you can't go wrong.

I fly JR. The support at Horizon is EXCELLENT for repairs and such. I don't know about Futaba. Anyone have any comments on Futaba support? That might be a factor in your decision...

[8D]
Old 09-08-2006, 03:44 PM
BarracudaHockey

Hobby Services has excellent support for Futaba products as does Radio South