Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

XtremeLinkâ„¢ - 2.4GHz for Futaba, JR, and Hitec radios

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

XtremeLinkâ„¢ - 2.4GHz for Futaba, JR, and Hitec radios

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 04:00 PM
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XtremeLinkâ„¢ - 2.4GHz for Futaba, JR, and Hitec radios

ORIGINAL: DadsToysBG

I've not posted here yet, but most of what I read is getting to be a lot like the spam I try to keep off my computer. I wish I had never book marked this thing. Dnnis
Unmarking it is always an option.

Old 11-02-2006, 04:01 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your funny
Old 11-02-2006, 04:03 PM
WilsonFlyer

ORIGINAL: DKjens

... you'd know why it's impervious to other 2.4GHz systems, short of one or perhaps two scenarios.

DKjens
Thanks for substantiating my argument for me. I needed some help!

Old 11-02-2006, 04:05 PM
WilsonFlyer

ORIGINAL: DadsToysBG

Your funny
My funny what? You didn't finish the sentence.

Old 11-02-2006, 04:07 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

You guys seen the new 12 channel JR Spread Spectrum shown a the Tokyo Hobby Show the last few days? Looks like a real gem.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:11 PM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

ORIGINAL: WilsonFlyer

ORIGINAL: DKjens

... you'd know why it's impervious to other 2.4GHz systems, short of one or perhaps two scenarios.

DKjens
Thanks for substantiating my argument for me. I needed some help!

I'm not substantiating ANY of your crap. If you had any kind of reality sense you'd know I'm talking about a third source absolutely flodding the band, which NOTHING would be able to counter.

DKjens
Old 11-02-2006, 04:13 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, I think it's 10X better than 72 just because i wont have to worry about the pin board anymore!!!

It's 10X better because i wont have to worry about some yahoo shooting down my plane when i fly!

It's 10X better because i don't have to worry about grabbing the right frequency or even better, worry about someone else grabbing the right frequency from the board especially when using a 'dial a crash' radio!

It gets expo better vs the price of your plane!!!!

It's 10X better just for the safety concerns that it will solve!!!!

If all of this doesn't make it at least 10X better to you then ?

So far we have video proof and first hand accounts that the system is out and it works. I'm glad someone is trying to get this system out. We have needed it desperately for years!!!! If he doesn't get it out, then someone else will and I'll buy it from them!!! I'm hoping on jim doing it because i want the module. I like my 9c and i don't want to have to buy another transmitter system that doesn't have all of the functions that i want!!!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 04:23 PM
canavanbob
My Feedback: (20)

No, can you provide a link?
Bob
Old 11-02-2006, 04:35 PM
jonkoppisch

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

You guys seen the new 12 channel JR Spread Spectrum shown a the Tokyo Hobby Show the last few days? Looks like a real gem.
Wow!!! That should be a hot item!!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 04:49 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Yup. And Futaba has theirs out already in europe for surface.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:49 PM
canavanbob

Wilsonflyer,
Please answer my request!

By the way, give the post number where Jim said "radio failures a are thing of the past".
Bob
Old 11-02-2006, 04:56 PM
jonkoppisch

Nice!!! This will be great for the hobby!!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 04:56 PM
canavanbob

I need proof that there is a 12 channel spread spectrum (not PCM) radio from JR.
Bob
Old 11-02-2006, 04:57 PM
WilsonFlyer

ORIGINAL: canavanbob

Wilsonflyer,
Please answer my request!

By the way, give the post number where Jim said "radio failures are thing of the past".
Bob
I see a reply up there asking EasyTiger for something. Link for what?
Old 11-02-2006, 05:02 PM
WilsonFlyer

ORIGINAL: JimDrew

I won't explain the technology, that is what we consider trade secrets - and magic. Yes, we are using a variation of MaxStream's existing (and well established) technology, that was adpated for us.

How do you know any of these things with the Spektrum system? You don't. I can tell you that just watching a specktrum analyzer with our system running and other 2.4GHz devices going, definitely shows that we have a much superior system for preventing any type of potential problem. There is a 1 in 18.66 quintillion chance of a conflict with another XtremeLink system (and that is if we sold that many modules + 1). There is 0 chance of a conflict with any other system. Our radio system is far superior in noise rejection and sensitivity. Our data is encrypted and checksum'd to prevent someone from deliberately hacking the system to shoot people down (like some people do for fun with 72MHz).

We are demoing large planes, small planes, by themselves, with other XtremeLink systems, and with Spektrum systems. We have never had a single hiccup with our system, not even with the prototypes. It actually is the first time that I have ever designed something that did not have a single bug in the first revision of the beta code. I plugged it in, and it worked.
That's a big fat mathematical zero where I come from and I'm formally trained so THERE. LOL

Seriously guys. If you want to take sides with him and attack me, that's fine with me. I could care less really. I'm looking for answers from Jim, not from ya'll. Attack me. I could care less but my questions and challenges are legitimate to me and that's all that matters to me.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:02 PM
canavanbob

A link for some information about a JR radio with 12 channels and spread spectrum.
Bob

By the way, give the post number where Jim said "radio failures are a thing of the past".
Bob
Old 11-02-2006, 05:04 PM
WilsonFlyer

ORIGINAL: JimDrew

I won't explain the technology, that is what we consider trade secrets - and magic. Yes, we are using a variation of MaxStream's existing (and well established) technology, that was adpated for us.

How do you know any of these things with the Spektrum system? You don't. I can tell you that just watching a specktrum analyzer with our system running and other 2.4GHz devices going, definitely shows that we have a much superior system for preventing any type of potential problem. There is a 1 in 18.66 quintillion chance of a conflict with another XtremeLink system (and that is if we sold that many modules + 1). There is 0 chance of a conflict with any other system. Our radio system is far superior in noise rejection and sensitivity. Our data is encrypted and checksum'd to prevent someone from deliberately hacking the system to shoot people down (like some people do for fun with 72MHz).

We are demoing large planes, small planes, by themselves, with other XtremeLink systems, and with Spektrum systems. We have never had a single hiccup with our system, not even with the prototypes. It actually is the first time that I have ever designed something that did not have a single bug in the first revision of the beta code. I plugged it in, and it worked.
That's a big fat mathematical zero where I come from and I'm formally trained so THERE. LOL

Seriously guys. If you want to take sides with him and attack me, that's fine with me. I could care less really. I'm looking for answers from Jim, not from ya'll. Attack me. I could care less but my questions and challenges are legitimate to me and that's all that matters to me.

That's a statement of infallability to me. It is, of course, subject to the interpretation of the reader.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:23 PM
chrisF test pilot

[link=http://www.vit.or.jp/~tomo/gami/06trcshow/06trcshow.html]PCM12X[/link]
Scroll toward the bottom.

There was a PCM12X debuted at the Tokyo show, but no mention of SS. There was a thread started on RR on Oct 19, and the show ended on the 22nd. Futaba has had a ground SS system in Europe for a while, but they wont even talk about it here and its not even on their website.

Somebody has to challenge those involved with the hard questions.
A warranty or guarantee about you never crashing a plane isnt a hard question, its an impractical one, especially from a business perspective. I think by the time they are shipping it will have been sufficiently demonstrated that is works, you will either have to take it at that or you wont. And the reason you wont find any tech info for the radios is because Maxstream had the FCC and patent applications sealed. Until the patents are granted you wont get anything from anyone on it.

Some mysterious moderator deleted them, without saying anything or identifying himself.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=4918569
Old 11-02-2006, 05:34 PM
canavanbob

"That's a statement of infallability to me. It is, of course, subject to the interpretation of the reader."

Infallible to what? To other systems using 2.4GHz.

Bob
Old 11-02-2006, 06:28 PM
nate1001
My Feedback: (2)

Somebody said something about 2.4ghz for ground in europe not available here. Here is futaba's 2.4ghz 3 channel ground module and reciever. Spektrum has also had a ground system for a while now also.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLZP3&P=0
Old 11-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Mac_Man_UK

The 12X shown at Tokyo is NOT a Spread Spectrum System. It will use something called APCM (Advanced PCM ??). There is no further information available at the moment as it is still in development.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:09 PM
chrisF test pilot

Somebody said something about 2.4ghz for ground in europe not available here. Here is futaba's 2.4ghz 3 channel ground module and reciever. Spektrum has also had a ground system for a while now also.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLZP3&P=0
I actually found that after I posted, but there is still no mention of it on Futabas website. Dave from Nomadio also hinted at one point that "one of the big players" was going to be licensing their technology. It wasnt long after that that someone posted a link to the FASST module on a UK website. So is it Nomadio?? If so then Futaba is no closer to having an air system than before.

APCM (Advanced PCM ??).
Someone on RR mentioned it was JRs version of 2048 PCM.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:05 AM
JimDrew
My Feedback: (16)

Wilsonflyer,

I am not sure what answers you are looking for. The bottom line is that we don't have a problem with the system, and I don't expect to ever see a problem. We are the ONLY 2.4GHz system that has the ability to monitor the available frequencies in the 2.4GHz range and change as necessary, in real time. This means that the plane as well as the transmitter can make the change occur. If you flew your plane over a school with a huge 14dbi external 802.xx antenna, that would likely be cause for switching to a new frequency (away from whatever channel that 802.xx was on).

We don't conflict with any other 2.4GHz systems, and they don't conflict with us. Our systems are special, one of a kind radio configurations and no two radio modules have the same ID. It is physically impossible to have a conflict unless two identical ID's were available. We can't even get MaxStream to do that for us for testing the theory, so we know that it will not happen.

Anything is prone to a problem. 2.4GHz will not transmit through large sections of earth (hills, etc.). So, as long as you are flying LOS (line of sight) you will never encounter and issue with the radio link that is related to our system or any other 2.4GHz system available. Even 2.4GHz cameras are not a problem as we can move around their frequency, even with huge drift that occurs in the cheap overseas versions. Our system is extremely well thought out for safety reasons.

People have witnessed and flown the system first hand. We did a range check with the 40% gas plane, and it was so high that we lost it in the camera and could no longer hear the engine running (and it was!) That is some distance. The highest recorded flight to date was 4947 feet, but I believe we have gone higher than that, just not recorded the flights with the altimeter.

If you care to argue, I have no reason to reply. We will be providing a system that will support virtually every major radio system in the industry, providing safer flying.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:03 AM
wildchild45177
My Feedback: (11)

OK I gave you the benefit of the doubt when you proved you at least had something in the works. But, now I just can't take it any more.

"If you flew your plane over a school with a huge 14dbi external 802.xx antenna, that would likely be cause for switching to a new frequency (away from whatever channel that 802.xx was on)."

If an 800mhz band frequency will bother your system on the 2.4ghz band, then your spurious signal rejection ain't worth squat.(in other words your design sucks)

"We are the ONLY 2.4GHz system that has the ability to monitor the available frequencies in the 2.4GHz range and change as necessary, in real time"

You better have a look at Futaba's system. It does indeed use frequency hopping. I don't see any 2.4ghz band system being bullet proof. Are you aware that this is the band where the FCC put's anything they consider "low level=unimportant" communications?
Let's see there are cordless phones, laptops, some of the newer cell phones, and even walkie-talkies. Just way to much in that band.
It's a train wreck waiting to happen.

"We did a range check with the 40% gas plane, and it was so high that we lost it in the camera and could no longer hear the engine running (and it was!) That is some distance. The highest recorded flight to date was 4947 feet, but I believe we have gone higher than that, just not recorded the flights with the altimeter."

Here we go again. Another statement with no proof to back it up. I saw the video, and it looked to me like the pilot kept the plane fairly close in.

These are not attacks, they are simply facts. Oh and before you try to dispute my opinion on RF, take into consideration I hold an advanced class amateur radio license.

Bob
Old 11-03-2006, 09:23 AM
zope_pope

Well I am not sure about the other comments, but when he said 802.xx, he did not mean the 800mhz band, but rather 802.1b, 802.1g, which I believe are both on the 2.4 ghz band. Those refer to wireless technologies on laptops and other wireless networking devices. Correct me if I am wrong.

I just dont know why you folks want proof of every statement. If i told you I had an AW Extra 260, you guys wouldn't ask for proof, you would just say cool. If I told you I flew it close to airplanes, and up to 5k feet, you'd say, stupid, but cool. You wouldn't expect me to back up everything I said with evidence. Its just absurd. I dont know why we cant just be happy with the statements and base our opinions on the finished product. This is getting very old.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.