RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

futaba

Old 02-04-2002, 07:25 AM
twister
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default futaba

I just bought a new futaba 9CAP channel 29 and also bought a futaba flight pack. on the side of the receiver that was in the flight pack it says HI BAND and i bought a 29 crystal to put in the flight pack receiver!! What does the HI BAND mean? will the 29 crystal work in that receiver with my new futaba 9 CAP?
Old 02-04-2002, 07:45 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Nope.....

There is a split somewhere around ch.36 that goes to high band, anything below that is low band. Futaba center-tunes there systems to the middle of each of these, IE ch11-36 ch37-60, there are 2 different types of reciever tuning that makes possible for us to change crystals. Reciever you have is for the upper band. Your transmitter is for lower band. All flight-packs you buy for this system need to be in the low-band.
I guarantee this info here, all except the exact ch split, although I know it's very close to this. You can go to Futaba.com FAQ section, it's all there.
Old 02-05-2002, 07:17 PM
rcav8or
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default futaba

DGrant is correcto-mundo! The channel 29 might work, but very probably would have VERY limited range - I would send at least the receiver back, and get it low-band. Nothing you want to take a chance with!!

And in the future, make sure you specify high or low band, when you buy a flight pack. "Most" places will ask you, but sometimes not.