Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HS81 equivalent with 3D arms?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 08:55 AM
flasher2001
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS81 equivalent with 3D arms?

i'm looking for one if two things ... i need 3D arms (longer than stock) for the HiTec HS-81 servo OR i need a servo that's equivalent to the HS-81 -- similar in size and torque/speed -- that either comes with 3D arms or has them readily available. i'm putting them in a metal frame heli, so i'm absolutely bound as far as servo size goes. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:52 PM
scottsr

Default RE: HS81 equivalent with 3D arms?

What heli are you putting them in ?
Old 09-08-2006, 12:58 PM
scottsr

The JR 368 are the same size and a much better servo if your looking for a good responsive 3D servo and any after market or the regular arms will work not knowing the length you need . I have not had good service with the 81s in a 30 class they are not big enough or strong enough but not knowing what you flying I can only suggest the JR368 .
Old 09-08-2006, 01:52 PM
flasher2001
My Feedback: (30)

the servos are going into an EP-8 made by Quick of Japan and sold by helicopterhobbies.com. the standard HS81 servos (and arms) are fine for hover, forward flight & mild 3D, but some pilots are wanting to get more aggressive with the new EX model of the heli thats just been introduced. thanks for the help. i'm building these helis for the owner of the company and i will pass the servo info along to him.