Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Trainer Box Question - Futaba

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Kimhoff
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trainer Box Question - Futaba

I have a 3 channel plane on a 7U Super with the Rudder and Alerion channels mixed. I have a old 4 channel radio as a trainer box. When I hook this up the mix does not work for the Rudder and Aleion. I also have a 8U that I can use as a trainer box. How do I set this up to work?
Old 09-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Electriceddie

Default RE: Trainer Box Question - Futaba

Have you dusted off the manual lately? I would review there first. If you go to the Futaba web site they have a lot of FAQ's which all types of similar questions. You may find your answer there. I found it very helpful when setting up ailevators with my 9C super.

Good Luck
Old 09-22-2006, 11:27 PM
outacntrl

i had a similar prob w/ my 6ex and a 4ch had the plane set up w/ the 6ex had to use the 6ex as trainer box or plane was on high rates w/ the 4ch as trainer box .. so try your 7 as the trainer box..hope that helps ???
Old 09-23-2006, 02:41 AM
olivier

Hi,

If I do remember and not making any mistake : the 8U as master cannot take care of the mixings for the slave transmitter. However the 8US can.

Extract from page 34 of the manual of the 8US where you have to use the "FUNC"-setting :

The Trainer function is used to train novice pilots using an optional trainer cord connecting two transmitters. The instructor may choose that all channels be controlled by the student, or that certain designated channels be operated by the student and the remainder by the instructor. Pulling on Switch F allows the student to control the selected channels on the model. You may use your 8UA transmitter with any transmitter of the SKYSPORT, Super 7, or 1024Z series of transmitters. Simply plug the optional trainer cord (sold separately) into the trainer connection on each transmitter. Note that when the trainer function is active, the snap roll function is automatically deactivated. Trainer function operation modes: "FUNC": When the trainer switch is ON, the channel set to this mode can be controlled by the student by using the mixing set at the instructor's transmitter. "OFF": The channel set to this mode cannot be controlled by the student even when the trainer switch is ON. The set channel can be controlled by the instructor only. "NORM": When the trainer switch is ON, the channel set to this mode can be controlled by the student. The set channel is controlled according to the contents set at the student's transmitter.

end of extract

So I guess you should follow the very wise advice of Electriceddie : Have you dusted off the manual lately? I would review there first.
Also have a look at the manual of your 7U, it won't bite you.

Olivier