Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9C

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 04:56 PM
R C Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9C

Should I get the airplane or the helicopter system? I will be flying airplanes, but may get into helicopters later. I also heard the helicopter system retains its value longer. What do you think?

Thanks

Jack
Old 09-23-2006, 08:19 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9C

The main diffrence is the ratchet spring is removed from the throttle stick.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:26 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

If you are going to be flying helicopters get the helicopter version. The switch layout (which is different) is better for helicopter flying and the ratchet is removed, which works just fine for fixed wing flying, even better than the ratchet if you fly 3d.

There's no difference in software or performance so there should be no difference in resale value.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will agree, the only real difference is the location of the switches.
It will not make a difference if you learn flying helicopters with airplane switch locations.
It will just effect others who already fly helicopters and have helicopter switch locations.
Same is true if you fly airplanes but you can assign switches so it really doesn't make a difference for you, just for others.