Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9CAP Broken Switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 12:52 AM
fireman2059

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9CAP Broken Switch

I bought a Futaba 9 CAP about a month and a half ago. I got one of their cases for it and apparently, somehow, something broke off the "C" switch. I went to my flying field the next day and noticed it. This happend about a week ago and I've been flying without, and "INH" that switch. I've called Futaba's Service Center and they basically told me to send it back. Does anyone know if this kinda thing is covered in Futaba's warranty?...Do they have any sort of warranty?. Now I don't really need the "C" switch right now but maybe down the road I may need it.

Does anyone know about how much this will cost? Parts and labor? Shipping?

Thus far I've been really happy with the TX and would like to get it fixed.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:21 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9CAP Broken Switch

Why don't you send a PM to Bax thats Bill Baxter and he takes care of support there. Or call Tony at Radio South, they do it too, http://www.radiosouthrc.com

Its probably not covered under warranty but like I said, it never hurts to ask.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:32 AM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The replacement switch is inexpensive...approx $5.00 or so from Tower/Hobby services.
If you are handy working with small assemblies and good at soldering, you can remove the old switch and install the new one yourself. It is pretty much straightforward, and as you open the transmitter case it becomes obvious what you have to do. Work carefully, and you should have no problems. Been there...done that...heh heh.
jim
Old 10-06-2006, 02:05 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dido what Capt Jim said. It was very easy to replace the switch. The switch is simply screwed to the case and the wires leading to the circuit board where easy to manipulate, i.e., de-solder using tape, then re-solder new ones.

Heck if this is still something you've never done and feel uncomfortable trying then order the switch replacement from Tower (see below), box up the TX and switch, mail it to me with return postage paid and I'll fix it for free -- it'll take me all of 5 minutes. I'll even supply the solder and de-solder tape. I'll give you 3 guesses how much Hobby Services will charge you and how long it will take.

Tower $5.59
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCLP4&P=V