Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba's new Top End Radio $3K... WOW

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 01:16 AM
dirtdiver07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba's new Top End Radio $3K... WOW

Okay, in concern to the Ferrari someone buys a Ferarri because it is one of the fastest, best, and ego supporting cars there are. Does this mean that we should buy a 14MZ to be the guy with the biggest ego at the field. Also, when talking of plasma tvs and such those were so expensive because they were breakthrough technology that changed the world of broadcasting etc. Can we really label Futaba's 14MZ the same? And if you want to say that they can charge this because it is top technology then how come a Spektrum radio isn't $2000, is it just because Horizon decided to make it more reasonable and affordable so everyone in the hobby could take advantage of a great idea or is it because they are stupid and didn't think to take advantage of people with deep pocket books and leave those who can't afford such expenses to miss out.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:22 PM
xcellheli
My Feedback: (1)

dirtdiver07,

The 14mz gives a huge laundry list of functionality. Much of this such as the 2048 resolution has a big impact on the feel of the plane. I don't know how to help you, other than to say that if the 14mz is too expensive, then the market won't buy them and the price will drop. I wouldn't count on it though. I think it is the best $2000 I have spent in the industry in quite some time.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Ken Bryant
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, ok, OK So the new radio is $800 more than the 14MZ. Hey, it's European styling! That makes it automatically worth more!
These things are originally released in JAPAN then they make their way to the USA and Europe. The people that design these...JAPANESE. The Japanese love their gadgets. Go there sometime and see. So the 14MZ has all the gadgets for 2200 Servos, receiver and so on.
Ahh, but there is the 12Z. Nice.. but still very pricy $1400 only a receiver this time.
NOW BOOM comes the 9Cs $500

WHY a 800-900 dollar gap between each radio set??? HOLY CRAP that is a big gap to get the next better radio. With all the price gaps from one to the other there is allot of room for other models. Keep your eye's on Japan folks they will see what comes next.
But remember "Futaba doesn't discuss what they may or may not be working on". That's a direct quote from Bill Baxter in the Futaba Support forum.

Nope, $2200 isn't allot to spend for some folks, thanks for rubbing that in, you must be a hoot gloating at parties too.

Oh... I love the analogy the guy used on Plasma TVs. You won't see prices drop that fast in this industry. These guys are too proud of their toys.

All I have to say, FUTABA you are missing the boat and alienating customers with all this high end stuff we lower class folks can’t get. Close those price gaps with some good radios we can all use.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:59 AM
luis_desantos

Sorry, I am new to this and don't understand what a "35%" or "40%" plane means?
Old 11-23-2006, 06:20 PM
sch-d
My Feedback: (1)

Spread Spektrum will rule wthin 30 months. Send your $3,00.00 radio to the landfill.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:55 PM
pilotpete2

ORIGINAL: ds1rc

Spread Spektrum will rule wthin 30 months. Send your $3,00.00 radio to the landfill.
Don't hold your breathe Only a radio with a removable RF module is "future proof"
Pete