Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX-7

Old 02-19-2007, 01:52 AM
JuanPu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX-7

ORIGINAL: davidmoody2

Can anyone tell me how to program the DX7 to control split elevators and alerons.
I have the alerons pluged into Aleron and Aux1(seem to work), not sure about programing seperately.
Manual does not go into split elevators.

Thanks Dave
Look at [link=http://www.rcaerobats.net/Spektrum/dual_elevator_and_dual_ailerons.htm]this link[/link]

Old 02-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

I copied that previous post, but can anyone tell me how to do the DX-7 set-up and programming for the same (2) aileron servos, and (2) elevator servos....but adding in (2) flap servos.
Will I have to resort to using a "Y" cable somewhere?
Thanks.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:08 AM
olstoney
My Feedback: (19)

Capt Jim,
I'm with you, more interested in learning what others have learned in order to properly program this radio. C'mon guys let's post more set up tips .
Old 02-19-2007, 11:32 AM
bigbird007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can anyone tell me how to do the DX-7 set-up and programming for the same (2) aileron servos, and (2) elevator servos....but adding in (2) flap servos.
Will I have to resort to using a "Y" cable somewhere?
Jim,

I asked this question a while back and the short answer was yes or a matchbox. Look on page 46 post 1138

bigbird
Old 02-19-2007, 11:46 AM
smooreace

I am running flaps and dual aileron servos on seperate channels, and mixing throttle and gear to get an engine kill... can the gear channel not be mixed to be perportional?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

In trying to keep it simple...I am inclined to use the ailerons and flaps in the typical manner, and then simply utilize a "Y" cable for the two elevator servos. Of course I will have to trim the elevators mechanically as subsequent flight experiences may dictate, but that is no big deal.
It's only going into a giant scale Chipmunk, and not an IMAC or pattern ship where hair splitting accuracy is desired.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:13 PM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonder how impound will be handled at Joe Nall this year? It should be interesting and give some clue as to the future.

Bill
Old 02-19-2007, 12:32 PM
pt40crasher

My Aux switch on the dx7 broke internally. I removed the switch and insulated the leads so that I can keep flying and its function was inhibited anyway. Any idea where I can get a replacement?
Old 02-19-2007, 05:31 PM
modifyit15
My Feedback: (27)

I AM HOT! [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] that 2.4 Spectrum Lost the signal on My 1/4 scale patty wagstaff is pieces.

on my second flight today after I took Off. I got off the run way perfect didnt even start to turn. then on its own pulled up hard inverted, went to idle and flew perfectly level right at me I had no control. then it came back I leveled it off and was going to land it seconds latter it pushed hard down elevator and then full trottled, SLAMED itself nose into the ground 100 feet to the left of me[:@][:@][:@].

I checked the battery just before the last flight and it read 6.65 with a 1 amp load on my 3300 mah battery so I know it wasnt the problem and the battery connection didnt come undone ither cause it was still conected after the crash.

RX smashed Cracked the head on my Fuji 64a, Cracked Spinner, only thing left on the Fuse is the tail section. completly disenigrated.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:36 PM
modifyit15

Can anyone tell me how to program the DX7 to control split elevators and alerons.
I have the alerons pluged into Aleron and Aux1(seem to work), not sure about programing seperately.
Manual does not go into split elevators.
o and to answer this question use mix #5 and you will beable to use the trim from the elevator if elevator is the master and Aux is slave.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

and then full trottled, SLAMED itself nose into the ground 100 feet to the left of me .
Isnt it supposed to go to idle when it looses signal...did you set it up that way?
Old 02-19-2007, 07:20 PM
modifyit15

Isnt it supposed to go to idle when it looses signal...did you set it up that way?
o yea I did and I set it up again after I trimmed the plane out on its maden flight. its suppose to go to netureal on all surfaces and low throttle but not flip upsidedown first.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:38 PM
pt40crasher

Sounds like you might have modified it. Sorry for your loss.[&o]
Old 02-19-2007, 09:06 PM
skorman
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: modifyit15

o yea I did and I set it up again after I trimmed the plane out on its maden flight. its suppose to go to netureal on all surfaces and low throttle but not flip upsidedown first.
Binding only sets up the throttle channel for failsafe. All other channels stay in their last position after loss of signal.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:42 PM
ncrego
My Feedback: (40)

No it's not, if it failsafes, the throttle goes to idle and all the other surfaces hold their last position. Planes will crash, and things will happen with a 2.4ghz system or a 72mhz. People blame their new equipment when things fail. Until you've proven that it's the DX7's fault, you shouldn't be coming on here saying that 2.4 crashed your plane. Any number of things could have caused what you described, and the radio is not the most likely since what you described is not a failsafe event.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:51 PM
modifyit15

NO it wasnt a fail safe event it was a loss of comunication between my rx and tx for two brief moments and also an elevator and throtle movements that I didnt do my self. I am not dogging the spectrum I love it I am just stating the facts of what happened to me today. I am just really upset that it happen to one of the best flying planes I ever had. Like I said earlier you cant trust anything man made.

Binding only sets up the throttle channel for failsafe
I know what it does I read the book
Old 02-19-2007, 11:05 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I presently do not have a DX-7 system but I am very interested in everyone's experiences.
I can only relate the 2.4ghz and 72mhz systems to my every day commercial systems.
I can walk thought my house with my FM radio 107.5mhz and listen to the radio with no problem.
(50MW TX at 60 miles distance)

I can walk through my house with my cordless phone and get reception problems.
(100mW TX at 40 feet)

I am still a little confused on how weak signals are negotiated and dealt with.
On the 72mhz systems, I understand PPM and PCM.
I have read the write ups on Spread Spectrum systems but there has to be something better than the all or nothing coding that has been reported in the DX-7.

Please continue to submit your findings.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:02 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you ain't comfy with it - don't buy it
You really have to use one to appreciate how well it works - IF after using it -you see no improvement -for you -- sell it.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:07 AM
moody152

Thank you for the link, it seems to be working now.
I need to try various programing and see how they work out.
I am new at programing a computerized transmitter.

Thanks again
Dave
Old 02-20-2007, 08:03 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Dick,
On thing over the years that I have realized and that is I don't have to understand how it works to enjoy it... (women fall in this group!) What I do want to understand is what to expect. Quick response time is good, failsafe is good. We discuss signal strength and range and I understand that is good. I guess I am more concerned with signal reliability. with 72mhz, I understand how to test for reliability. I wonder if the same checks work for 2.4ghz?
ORIGINAL: dick Hanson

If you ain't comfy with it - don't buy it
You really have to use one to appreciate how well it works - IF after using it -you see no improvement -for you -- sell it.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:16 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Range check is what we can ground test on the 72-right ?
That test is frankly not much good as a test - rather it says basically the link is working .
rejection to internal noise (crap in the model )
rejection to vibration
rejection to servo lead length
rejection to adjacent channel
rejection to various order harmonics
rejection to vibration
rejection to antenna orientation.
rejection to ignition ht radiation.
How are you checking these?
probably like everyone else has - by flying the model or running it up whislt someone holds it
I think--you will find the SS system is better in all these conditions .
Old 02-20-2007, 09:32 AM
geh3
My Feedback: (84)

I had the first version of the SPEKTRUM (DX6) and I flew it just as far away from me as my normally reliable Futaba 7C and 9C PCM systems and never had a failsafe condition. These always tested OK on the ground as recommended by SPEKTRUM by pressing the bind button at a certain range away from the AC. I am planning a giant areromaster with a FUji 43 to be guided by the DX7 system. I believe as long as you follow the recommendations of the MFG regarding rx placement and antenna placement and religiously do ground range testing with the enging RUNNING.. you should have minimal problems in the air AS LONG AS your motors are installed correctly, props and spinners BALANCED and all servo and switch plugs installed and secured so they can't come loose during flight.. other than that ALL AIRPLANES HAVE A LIFESPAN... set them up properly and they should have a long life...
Old 02-20-2007, 11:29 AM
JuanPu

ORIGINAL: geh3
...and religiously do ground range testing with the enging RUNNING...
I understand that with electrics it is advisable to do the range check with the motor running just to reproduce the worst electrical noise scenario.

With glow, it also is advisable the same procedure to detect metal-on-metal electrical noise, loose contacts, etc.

May I assume that with SS the only interest of doing the test with the engine running is that of the loose contacts?

Old 02-20-2007, 11:41 AM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been in the communications business for the last 19 years. I had my hands on every type of technology available (just in the cb to 6 gig micorwave range).

I don't care what technology it is...when it comes to communications...I never assume anything...I have seen systems do things that was supposedly technically impossible to do.

2.4gig is not foolproof...but currently its the best we have. I just bought a DX7, I trust it enough to sell my 9303. Anyone want a 9303 cheap???
Old 02-20-2007, 11:43 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How cheap?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.